Beauty v Beast

Pordave

I go on mobile.de as it's the biggest European car database I know of. (Maybe Autoscout...)

They have 6 Tesla Roadsters from approx 2010-2.  Asking prices are around 60-90k. Many are very low km but a couple are over 100k.

There is an absolute ton of Model S from 2012-15, many have 100k on the clock, asking price 35-50k.

I don't see the market recognising the fear expressed on here that suddenly these cars will be valueless after 8 years.

Edit - I fully agree they are fugly!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fugly,,,,,,,,,, hmmmm :laugh:

I think there was a clue in the title. 

If I read it correctly the Beast came past the Beauty but still you can always content yourself by convincing yourself the Porsche is better looking. 

There is a certain irony in the use of Fugly by a collection of overweight, balding men (mostly) firmly entrenched within what they fervently hope is a Mid-life crisis :laugh:

IMHO of course ;)

21 minutes ago, EXY said:

Fugly,,,,,,,,,, hmmmm :laugh:

I think there was a clue in the title. 

If I read it correctly the Beast came past the Beauty but still you can always content yourself by convincing yourself the Porsche is better looking. 

There is a certain irony in the use of Fugly by a collection of overweight, balding men (mostly) firmly entrenched within what they fervently hope is a Mid-life crisis :laugh:

IMHO of course ;)

I’m neither overweight or balding..... for now 🤪

6 hours ago, j0hn said:

I don't want to get in heated debates on electrification topics, just get the record straight. Just a few pointers:

I admire your perseverance :worship:

I gave up trying to convince anyone ages ago when all you ever get are the same idiotic questions that ANYONE buying anything from a mobile phone to a lawnmower would ascertain with a modicum of research prior to purchasing. 

Favourite HAS to be,,,,, "I couldn't manage with the range of XXX miles". 

IIRC 8 years ago Nissan were offering a three tier warranty;

3 years (that's a year more than Porsche BTW) on the entire car. 

5 years on parts that are EV specific. 

8 years on the battery. 

I would be surprised if there have been more EV (obviously as we all know Porsche/Moll batteries are total shyate) battery failures than IMS failures 🤔

AND I can't help wondering if a battery replacement would actually cost more when comparing like with like than a replacement engine that has just IMS'd its brains out. 

But it's all conjecture as EV's are ALL Fugly :laugh:

That new Tesla Roadster is just plain Fugly it only redeems itself by breaking about 37 world firsts for production cars and yet somehow I do not believe that being the Fugliest was one of them :)

4 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I’m neither overweight or balding..... for now 🤪

Or IIRC driving a convertible 🤔

Big question of course is are you MID-LIFE :laugh:

Archived