So here's a strange one:

the baron

I had an issue with my door lock last year with it locking and unlocking and window not dropping on passenger side, I bought a new lock from OPC and swapped it out myself, no issues, went on a drive yesterday and the passenger door handle when pulled from inside drops the window but doesn't unlatch door, door handle on outside of door works fine.

The only thing that has changed is, I swapped out the internal door handle from black to chrome and its worked fine since fitting a few weeks ago, so could this be just the connection/cable to the door handle worked loose or maybe not connected properly when I swapped it out?

Will be pulling door apart later but has anyone experienced this before?

It very well could be the pull handle getting disconnected.

The interior handle microswitch is on the door card itself, so the window would still drop if you pulled the latch, even if the pull cable behind it is disconnected.

52 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

The interior handle microswitch is on the door card itself, so the window would still drop if you pulled the latch, even if the pull cable behind it is disconnected.

Thanks, this backs up my theory.

10 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

I thought it was on the lock mechanism ? Ie the cable runs to the lock mechanism and pulls a lever /. Microswitch ?

12 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Not on the 986.

Don't recall one on my door card when I swapped over the passenger lock module due to a defective microswitch. Mines a 1998 model. 

4 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Don't recall one on my door card when I swapped over the passenger lock module due to a defective microswitch. Mines a 1998 model. 

The cable methinks where it's attached to the inside door pull, the plastic collar/ ferrule has snapped then allowed the cable to stretch, is where my money is.

@bally4563 is on the money.

As I've said twice (make this thrice) already, there is a microswitch on the door card, clearly visible if you look by / under the door pull handle - this is what operates the window drop mechanism.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, right?

18 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

@bally4563 is on the money.

As I've said twice (make this thrice) already, there is a microswitch on the door card, clearly visible if you look by / under the door pull handle - this is what operates the window drop mechanism.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, right?

Ooooh get her

19 hours ago, bally4563 said:

The cable methinks where it's attached to the inside door pull, the plastic collar/ ferrule has snapped then allowed the cable to stretch, is where my money is.

This is exactly what had happened ^^^, swapping out the black handles to chrome which must come from a later model the clip is slightly different so I have taken the clip off the old unit and put it on the newer one with some zip ties for added security, seems to work ok.

Archived