IMS Failure - Newbie information

Cheddar Bob

On 8/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, KevM79 said:

So did the car need an engine?  Did the bearing fail, or did the seal fail?  I’m confused....

I bought recently, did my research and to be honest, I concluded before starting to look, that an oil weep would almost be inevitable 

It is and is symptomatic of nothing more than you bought a Boxster..... or a British motorcycle.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Or a Lotus. They used to say if there is oil in the engine then there is oil on the engine.

Unless you have a very easy budget then it helps (a lot) to be handy with a spanner. if not then keep away from old Porsches. x3 for Ferraris.

Berni

6 minutes ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

Or a Lotus. They used to say if there is oil in the engine then there is oil on the engine.

Unless you have a very easy budget then it helps (a lot) to be handy with a spanner. if not then keep away from old Porsches. x3 for Ferraris.

Berni

This could be the Genesis of a new thread, "Vehicles that habitually leak oil"

2 hours ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

Berni

I believe Chapman also said of the Lotus twin cam engine, how do you know it is being lubricated if it isn't using oil.

Archived