Renewing the plugs , Bosch or Beru ?

myfirstboxster

1 hour ago, myfirstboxster said:

Pretty much the same price at ECP , any preference from the forum ?

BERU is OE I believe, but Bosch aren't duds.

I don't think it matters whether you get Bosch Beru or NGK. They are all quality parts. I did use Denso Iridium's on my last Boxster but that was done ahead of a remap. 

46 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Think I used NGK as less then a couple of quid each. 

33 minutes ago, edc said:

I don't think it matters whether you get Bosch Beru or NGK. They are all quality parts. I did use Denso Iridium's on my last Boxster but that was done ahead of a remap. 

Interesting, My local and HIGHLY RESPECTED indie said not to use NGK under any circumstances, was via text message so he didn't elaborate as to why.

5 minutes ago, EXY said:

Interesting, My local and HIGHLY RESPECTED indie said not to use NGK under any circumstances, was via text message so he didn't elaborate as to why.

Maybe they are not expensive enough.?

38 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

NGK in mine 3 years now.Cost is more about the specific plug rather than the brand,They do cheap ones but they don’t need changing very often.

6 hours ago, GmanB said:

I have Bosch plugs on mine (£30 from ebay), no problems. Considerably cheaper than Beru, that appear to be over £60 (again on ebay). What price are they on ECP?

Here's an ebay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OE-BOSCH-0242240587-FGR6KQE-SUPER-Spark-Plug-6-Pack-Replaces-242240578/361852493347

I purchased these  exact same Bosch plugs and installed them on spring as I was taking the car to use... real bad choice for me - the engine did not like those at all. Felt like some power was missing and when hot, the engine idled pretty rough on occasion.

Then purchased the NGK BKR6EQUP (Platinum) and the car works now like a dream and the CO2 levels dropped (from 0,42% to 0,08%) as measured at MOT station.

After swapping the plugs to NGK, I could not see anything visually wrong / badly burned fuel on the Bosh plugs...

3 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

Then purchased the NGK BKR6EQUP (Platinum) and the car works now like a dream.

Not just me 👍👍no complaints ...

6 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

I purchased these  exact same Bosch plugs and installed them on spring as I was taking the car to use... real bad choice for me - the engine did not like those at all. Felt like some power was missing and when hot, the engine idled pretty rough on occasion.

Then purchased the NGK BKR6EQUP (Platinum) and the car works now like a dream and the CO2 levels dropped (from 0,42% to 0,08%) as measured at MOT station.

After swapping the plugs to NGK, I could not see anything visually wrong / badly burned fuel on the Bosh plugs...

Had the gaps been checked when they were installed?  Most plugs say they come pre-gapped but I've found some variations in gap and across a few brands.  Always worth checking.

1 minute ago, ½cwt said:

Had the gaps been checked when they were installed?  Most plugs say they come pre-gapped but I've found some variations in gap and across a few brands.  Always worth checking.

Yes, I did check the gaps before installing them (both, Bosch and NGK).

23 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Obviously you've not price compared iridium plugs :laugh:

Gotta laugh at the Porsche not running on Bosch plugs :laugh:

Does make you wonder how many other Porsches, including the new cars from the factory with power missing AND rough idling, on occasion :laugh:

6 hours ago, EXY said:

Obviously you've not price compared iridium plugs :laugh:

Gotta laugh at the Porsche not running on Bosch plugs :laugh:

Does make you wonder how many other Porsches, including the new cars from the factory with power missing AND rough idling, on occasion :laugh:

• 8 months later...

thought id bump this thread up for anyone looking for Beru plugs at the moment.. 👍

So i've just ordered a set of 6 Beru Coil packs for £158 delivered from carparts4less just now.

Add discount code at the end BIG17 and each coil pack comes in at circa £27 which is about £4 cheaper per coil pack from all the other places i searched.

Thought id share.

9 minutes ago, fizz said:

thought id bump this thread up for anyone looking for Beru plugs at the moment.. 👍

So i've just ordered a set of 6 Beru Coil packs for £158 delivered from carparts4less just now.

Add discount code at the end BIG17 and each coil pack comes in at circa £27 which is about £4 cheaper per coil pack from all the other places i searched.

Thought id share.

scratch that... i meant coil plugs! :D

Archived