Hardtop Locating holes

dunks

Hi

Is there supposed to be any covers over the holes that the hardtop locates in , They look unsightly and cant believe porsche would have left them like that

holesnew.jpg

You have the hardtop fitting kit installed, but yes Porsche did leave the holes open.

I cleaned mine up and gave them a quick spray of black and it made it less obvious.

I am sure that I had caps on my 986, call your local OPC and ask, it could be part no. 986 561 655 00 but not 100% sure. They are easy to lose so not surprised that you don’t have any.

Just bought and fitted the one that was missing on mine a few weeks ago.  Part number is as @zorbs says 986 561 655 00, cost £1.35 from my local OPC.

Small world - was doing a side by side compare with a mates newly acquired car ( both 987.2) - he has "caps" over this location, I don't - but I don't have the spinlocks either - just "a hole" where they would go. So, wondering (now I have seen this) if he has the hardtop kit and the plugs, and I don't or if there is an equivalent plug for the hole when the spinlocks aren't fitted. A neighbour with a 987.1 drove by and her car had the plugs as well (making me feel left out).

What does that bit look like if you don't have the kit? - plug with nothing behind it or just empty? ( realise it may be different on the 987 - but that plug part number is applicable to the 987 as well - confirmed by opc ) I have ordered a pair anyway for the vast sum of £3.50 for the pair - but curious as to whats "standard"

Archived