Touch in paint for wheels?

Ninesomething

I've been asking this of my OPC for wheels and the trims that are painted 'titanium silver' on S versions.  PCGB have responded that Porsche do not do touch ups and do not publish a colour code for paints to match these colours.  Not helpful....

On 7/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, ½cwt said:

I've been asking this of my OPC for wheels and the trims that are painted 'titanium silver' on S versions.  PCGB have responded that Porsche do not do touch ups and do not publish a colour code for paints to match these colours.  Not helpful....

They certainly do touch-ups for body panel paint colours. but as far as wheels go, I found the same thing a while back - no hope.

But then again they are all powder coated first anyway and paint doesn't help corrosion protection much so I bit the bullet and had those that needed doing done professionally. It wasn't that expensive in the end and the finish is perfect.

If I have little chips here and there I touch them in with a bit of clear lacquer to protect them for a year or so until they get too unsightly and then get them done later.

You're probably right. But I'm going to need new tyres soon so I might as well take bare wheels in to get them refinned. In the mean time I just want to keep them protected. I suppose as it's not going to be on there long I could cover the scratches with pink, or green, or purple....

6 hours ago, JonSta said:

You're probably right. But I'm going to need new tyres soon so I might as well take bare wheels in to get them refinned. In the mean time I just want to keep them protected. I suppose as it's not going to be on there long I could cover the scratches with pink, or green, or purple....

yup, try some clear laquer - it'll keep the corrosion at bay for a while and isn't as ugly as a wrong colour.

and just to demonstrate the veracity of my comments - I just banged my 991 rear wheel - and will be at it with the lacquer tomorrow - and now booked in for a proper refurb in october when it's in for a service.

Not a happy bunny - some half wit over the centre line and I scraped a kerb avoiding him, grumble, grumble, grumble......

3 minutes ago, Patt said:

I went to Tesco and bought some nail varnish

Mmm silver wheels with dog c*ck pink spots tasty 😂

12 hours ago, Patt said:

My alloys are glossy black, however other colours of nail varnish are available. 

Not the Fuchs look and feel ones you were making up last year?

BTW the 18" rims are finally on my 986.  Mega!

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Not the Fuchs look and feel ones you were making up last year?

BTW the 18" rims are finally on my 986.  Mega!

No used it on my 20" summer wheels, the 19" Cayman rims are mint.

Finally ! - and just in time for the return of Molly too.

Archived