Porsche Boxster 987 Waste Pipe Rainwater

Paul676

Hi I am wondering if anyone has replaced one off these  Porsche Boxster 987 Waste Pipe Rainwater Rear Right O/S 98756173400, and can tell me how to replace it please as I think mine is got loose or broken as I am getting water in the driver side rear behind the seat and the water is coming in below the seatbelt holder.. ? 

thanks Paul

48 minutes ago, Paul676 said:

Hi I am wondering if anyone has replaced one off these  Porsche Boxster 987 Waste Pipe Rainwater Rear Right O/S 98756173400, and can tell me how to replace it please as I think mine is got loose or broken as I am getting water in the driver side rear behind the seat and the water is coming in below the seatbelt holder.. ? 

thanks Paul

Have you checked that all the drain holes are clear AND that the drip tray is not perforated/damaged in any way? Have never heard of a pipe needing replacement but we often hear of blocked drains leading to overflows or the tray being damaged. There are a couple of drains in the area you mention. Look for a recent thread on here which shows locations.

Edit: also check it's not the door membrane that's leaking (wet carpet at bottom of door).

Hi thanks for the reply I have clean all the drains and find that if I put water down this pipe not as much comes out the other end and I can see it leaking into the car from just below the seat belt wheel as I put water down the drain hole... I have used the trumpet pipe cleaner and water comes out fast but also missing some water. I was looking to see where the connection is for the top off the pipe but I don't know howe to access it.

Thanks Paul

Guessing but based on the diagram with the drain locations the 2nd picture seems to suggest the pipe runs down the front of the rear wheel arch behind the arch liner. 

ultimately that’s where the water exists so you should at least be able to see more behind the liner. 

2 hours ago, Paul676 said:

I am thinking the top off the pipe has come undone and was trying to see if I could access it to see.... but I can't figure out how to get to the top off the pipe...

You may be able to see the top from the wheel arch with the liner removed - or at least be able to see if it's split etc. - you should at least be able to see if there's a clearer route to access.

12 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

ISTR that happened to someone, top of pipe came loose. Water goes down drain hole but not into the pipe. 

yes that is what I am thinking I removed the inner wheel arch can't see the connection... don't know if I can seee from the engine bay either...

22 hours ago, iborguk said:

Don't know if it helps visualise the arrangement , 13 is the part I think you're referring to in the 812-00 diagram at the link below

https://www.design911.com/WATER-DRIP-TUBE-R-98756173400/prod127809/

Thanks for the info I found where the pipe exits the car in the wheel arch but I don't know if I can remove the top plastic without the removing the roof or can I access through the inside off the  near the seat belt reel...

Archived