Just had a new windscreen

the baron

Was very nervous before they arrived but both chaps seemed knowledgeable and had done plenty of Porsches in the past (National windscreens), they took due care and attention and I can now see through it, 22 yrs of chips, milky corner due to the laminate getting water ingress and a nice crack due to my falling branch incident a few weeks back. Hopefully won't need to repeat the process for another 22yrs

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Good to hear a positive experience about a windscreen replacement, instead of the usual nightmares that tend to get reported, nice one mate :thumbsup_still:

Totally agreed. Ive been putting off the change but had to, due to the crack sustained by the falling branch, there are some absolute horror stories out there.

6 hours ago, Davey P said:

Good to hear a positive experience about a windscreen replacement, instead of the usual nightmares that tend to get reported, nice one mate :thumbsup_still:

I think that's the deal here, the positive stories doesn't necessarily get played out on the Net.

I had the previous car's replaced with OE glass and it went smoothly with the national franchise who did it.

All comes down to the pair of hands dealing with it on the day I guess.

13 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I'm not aware of nightmares but this is my first rag top 

Just do a search one this forum, there are plenty, as there are on other forums too.

26 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

My search capabilities on here are limited for some strange reason 

Issues seem to be badly fitted screens, inferior quality, no tint or arial only being told after fitting, seals not seated properly and damage to car to name but a few.

5 hours ago, the baron said:

Issues seem to be badly fitted screens, inferior quality, no tint or arial only being told after fitting, seals not seated properly and damage to car to name but a few.

Yup, took them 4 attempts to get mine right. But i have to say the final technician that came out was great, fitted the screen and trims perfectly so i think it's definitely luck of the draw. 

I had mine done by one of the national companies, they asked me to bring the car in to their workshop as the prefer to do it with the top down, technician who did it was really good no issues at all. The main advice seems to be don't accept anything other than OEM.

Archived