LED's

brendon

Evening everyone 

ive just changed the bulbs on my 987.2 to led's, really impressed with the improvement, now my mate has seen them and wants to change his on his 2000 986.

Didnt get any info searching on here so, is it possible? if so can someone who has successfully done it leave a link to which ones he can buy?

Thanks 

This is obviously not a recommendation but I did hear someone say once that Philip's ultinon leds were designed for reflectors and work really well in off road boxsters. 

You need to have your friend check on the legalities of using aftermarket leds. It's a minefield :)

Hi

You need to find ones that do not blind other drivers. I went through the agg of fitting projectors to my 986 to make sure I didn't.

Its actually a serious safety issue. In that respect the Phillips ones are actually cheap. If they do the job that is.

Berni

24 minutes ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

You need to find ones that do not blind other drivers. I went through the agg of fitting projectors to my 986 to make sure I didn't.

Its actually a serious safety issue. In that respect the Phillips ones are actually cheap. If they do the job that is.

Berni

You don't need to spend £150 to get a decent light that won't dazzle other drivers. 

I've got lights here that cost £20 that use the same genuine Luxeon LED's and can't tell the difference output wise, though there is some rubbish out there too at this price. 

1 hour ago, brendon said:

Yes I forgot to say the vehicle is for off road use only. Think those Philips ones are a tad expensive for him, any cheaper options?

Honestly the cheaper ones are carp. Pay the money or don't bother. Seriously, I've tried. 

Just now, PaulQ said:

You don't need to spend £150 to get a decent light that won't dazzle other drivers. 

I've got lights here that cost £20 that use the same genuine Luxeon LED's and can't tell the difference output wise, though there some rubbish out there too at this price. 

That is a very lucky find if so.  I tried so many crappy ones before following the advice I was given to get the Philips and I have to say the advice was sound. 

3 minutes ago, mike597 said:

That is a very lucky find if so.  I tried so many crappy ones before following the advice I was given to get the Philips and I have to say the advice was sound. 

It wasn't really luck. 

8 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Honestly the cheaper ones are carp. Pay the money or don't bother. Seriously, I've tried. 

Which ones did you try out of interest.?

1 hour ago, brendon said:

Yes I forgot to say the vehicle is for off road use only. Think those Philips ones are a tad expensive for him, any cheaper options?

If you look for lights that use genuine Philips Luxeon chips, or the Seoul CSP Y19  you won't go far wrong. 

Archived