Well happy with mpg on my 2.7

mortzz

18 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

That's excellent. I struggle to get that for a full tank 

Yrs a 3.2 ? I took a picture of half a tank and think it was 265 miles will put it up when I get the size of the picture lower..

9 minutes ago, mortzz said:

Yes 3.2 white dials the previous owner put them in , they look much better than the bland black ones, when I look into the mot history ya can see when they were put in..  

They are the early 2.7 dials, 3.2‘S goes up 160 or higher.

1 hour ago, mortzz said:

Got to laugh the resolutions so small.ya cant zoom in and look at the miles ..  never been on a car forum with such low resolution restrictions 

Take a look at how best to post pictures. Create an IMGUR account, its free and upload, copy, paste from there.

4 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

That's excellent. I struggle to get that for a full tank 

Lead foot! 😉 I'm getting that from a 3.2, when I'm not playing.

3 hours ago, mortzz said:

Got to laugh the resolutions so small.ya cant zoom in and look at the miles ..  never been on a car forum with such low resolution restrictions 

Only way is to post forum links after posting the picture to imgur or similar site.

10 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I didn't think the box was meant for fuel economy 

Never pretended it was.  I'd still have a boring Golf diesel we economy a significant factor.

4 hours ago, Sanky said:

They are the early 2.7 dials, 3.2‘S goes up 160 or higher.

Brilliant I've posted before and everyone said they were aftermarket and didn't know why they were white.   Also in the Ebay advert that the white dials are rare,  and from 2003 plate

11 minutes ago, mortzz said:

Brilliant I've posted before and everyone said they were aftermarket and didn't know why they were white.   Also in the Ebay advert that the white dials are rare,  and from 2003 plate

Yes they are rare. I thought only the s had them 👍

13 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Yes they are rare. I thought only the s had them 👍

Mines a 99 2.5 and it has them. Looking through my anoraks book of options they are apparently known as "instrument dials in aluminium" option code X71. I think that's what it refers to anyway.

My partner is looking at me like I am a very sad invidual😃

1 hour ago, jonogt6 said:

Mines a 99 2.5 and it has them. Looking through my anoraks book of options they are apparently known as "instrument dials in aluminium" option code X71. I think that's what it refers to anyway.

My partner is looking at me like I am a very sad invidual😃

Gona check my option list under the bonnet,  I also have the rare silver Porsche badge on the steering wheel   ,   some kind of anniversary badge 

7 minutes ago, mortzz said:

Gona check my option list under the bonnet,  I also have the rare silver Porsche badge on the steering wheel   ,   some kind of anniversary badge 

Your keys should have a silver badge on them too if they are original.  2000 model year - 50th anniversary of the 356 going into production. 

My 2000 S had the black/silver wheel centres, bonnet badge and steering wheel logo.

Archived