Well happy with mpg on my 2.7

mortzz

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Your keys should have a silver badge on them too if they are original.  2000 model year - 50th anniversary of the 356 going into production. 

Was there a option number under the bonnet,  mines 1999

1 minute ago, mortzz said:

Was there a option number under the bonnet,  mines 1999

The model years start late 3rd or early 4th quarter of the year before. So a V,  W or X plate could be a 2000 model year car.  @T911UK can give you all the build data on your car if you ping him your VIN. 

Also all the build codes model by model and year by year can be found here: https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/ can't see one that specifically indicates the anniversary crested parts in silver.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The model years start late 3rd or early 4th quarter of the year before. So a V,  W or X plate could be a 2000 model year car.  @T911UK can give you all the build data on your car if you ping him your VIN. 

Also all the build codes model by model and year by year can be found here: https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/ can't see one that specifically indicates the anniversary crested parts in silver.

Bear with me on this, Im trying to set up a permanent post for accessing VIN info (my PM's are turned off)

1 hour ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Interesting, my digi speedo appears under the speedo, the mileage under the rev counter.

In fact i dont even look at the speedo, i use the small digi one all the time

I agree,  Only time I look left is If I'm in Europe with Km/h set on the digital speedo, just to translate quickly.  Not sure I'd be quite as happy with the later set up.

BTW the S speedo is numbered round to 175.

17 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I agree,  Only time I look left is If I'm in Europe with Km/h set on the digital speedo, just to translate quickly.  Not sure I'd be quite as happy with the later set up.

BTW the S speedo is numbered round to 175.

In practice having driven my 2000 and 2004 in Europe a couple of times each it's not something you notice as an issue. 

On 8/15/2020 at 1:11 PM, mortzz said:

So I've done around 700 faultless miles over 2 days in the 986 2.7  and recorded 331 from £40 unsure what mpg that is , so I've zeroed the trip filled up then  refilled after 331, motorway miles 😀

One thing Ive always loved about Porsche's - even the supercar ones get better mpg than their counterparts

Tootling along which I do occasionally the mileage is excellent. In fact it's still surprising how good it is when I'm wailing on it. Something I've noticed is if you stand behind the car while it's idling there's virtually no unpleasant exhaust smell - like all the fuel is being completely burnt and turned into pure oxygen. With a sort of floral scent.....

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

Tootling along which I do occasionally the mileage is excellent. In fact it's still surprising how good it is when I'm wailing on it. Something I've noticed is if you stand behind the car while it's idling there's virtually no unpleasant exhaust smell - like all the fuel is being completely burnt and turned into pure oxygen. With a sort of floral scent.....

Bet you’ve just been awarded an A* for your A level chemistry🤣

30 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Bet you’ve just been awarded an A* for your A level chemistry🤣

Teacher's assessment.  The infamous algorithm probably gave him a D....

Archived