Heard at the dealer

MH82

Car was in for the 8 year service the past couple of days and having a recall heat shield installed and a warranty fix on the PSE.

Was speaking to the service guy afterwards, and one of his customers runs a 987.1 in its last year of permitted warranty and he took it in due to the engine sounding rough. They ended up paying at (at OPC quoted prices) on a new engine, manifolds, exhaust and part of the gearbox - £30k plus apparently - on a car worth about £7k!

That guy finally got his monies worth from paying for the warranty all those years!

Think I’d have asked for a swap for £30k of newer Boxster......

58 minutes ago, MH82 said:

Car was in for the 8 year service the past couple of days and having a recall heat shield installed and a warranty fix on the PSE.

Was speaking to the service guy afterwards, and one of his customers runs a 987.1 in its last year of permitted warranty and he took it in due to the engine sounding rough. They ended up paying at (at OPC quoted prices) on a new engine, manifolds, exhaust and part of the gearbox - £30k plus apparently - on a car worth about £7k!

That guy finally got his monies worth from paying for the warranty all those years!

Think I’d have asked for a swap for £30k of newer Boxster......

Trigger's Boxster

Also told that my car is overspec’d - if there is such a thing. Has all but two options. Apparently a certain OPC In central London does it with all their demonstrators so they never have to show someone a computer image or video of a certain option.

assume they have a certain clientele!?

1 hour ago, MH82 said:

Also told that my car is overspec’d - if there is such a thing. Has all but two options. Apparently a certain OPC In central London does it with all their demonstrators so they never have to show someone a computer image or video of a certain option.

assume they have a certain clientele!?

Yeah, sorry mate, I’m going to have to bid you under book price for your car on PX as it’s overspecced😉

Privacy glass and oddly the carbon centre console surround (but they did spec the carbon on the dash/doors/cup holder).

have to say of everything the biggest let down is the DVD player. Doesn’t play video just audio! What’s the point in that. Took a DVD to watch on the eurotunnel and ended up having to watch it off the internet on my phone!

8 hours ago, MH82 said:

Privacy glass and oddly the carbon centre console surround (but they did spec the carbon on the dash/doors/cup holder).

have to say of everything the biggest let down is the DVD player. Doesn’t play video just audio! What’s the point in that. Took a DVD to watch on the eurotunnel and ended up having to watch it off the internet on my phone!

Is that not due to you moving? The dvd player in my vw will only play movies when stationary, as soon as you start moving it cuts the picture but keeps the audio going. 

Archived