Baby seat

Cheddar Bob

I posted a while back regarding the seat belt clip under the passenger seat and found out it was an air bag deactivation for a baby seat. Now I have use for such a thing, can anyone point me to where i need to buy a boxster baby seat. (calling parents) Do i need a specific one for a box or can i just buy a newborn recaro...? Plug in a seatbelt clip below and i'm away?

I don't think you need a specific one.  But I suggest you go and find a shop with a wide range of seats right next to a car park, eg a Mothercare etc in an industrial estate, so you can park the car outside and try a few to see how they fit.  Many shop staff can be quite understanding like that (as I suspect they've refunded a few which people took home and they didn't fit).

I have a 7 month old and I'm not sure it's worth the bother getting a specific fit car seat unless you really have to use the Boxster. The pram travel system we have wouldn't fit in it in any case. There's no isofix and if you have a vaguely modern other car you will most likely get an isofix car seat. That means if you insist on using the Boxster you will have 2 car seats. You will need a rear facing seat of course. 

13 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I don't think you need a specific one.  But I suggest you go and find a shop with a wide range of seats right next to a car park, eg a Mothercare etc in an industrial estate, so you can park the car outside and try a few to see how they fit.  Many shop staff can be quite understanding like that (as I suspect they've refunded a few which people took home and they didn't fit).

Mothercare went into liquidation a while back 😂

16 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Ok that's top thank you. I'll see if I can find another baby shop

15 hours ago, edc said:

I have a 7 month old and I'm not sure it's worth the bother getting a specific fit car seat unless you really have to use the Boxster. The pram travel system we have wouldn't fit in it in any case. There's no isofix and if you have a vaguely modern other car you will most likely get an isofix car seat. That means if you insist on using the Boxster you will have 2 car seats. You will need a rear facing seat of course. 

Every man knows ladies love bald men in convertibles with new born babies....😁

I assume the rear facing one is for a reason? 

How's the last 7 months been? Should I be worried

You need a rear facing seat up to at least 15 months. 

Forget the bald bloke and baby in a convertible. Use a baby carrier and just walk around town. You'll get more attention that way. 

Depending on your attitude you can worry about anything. I'm not much of a worrier. My baby had a plaster cast a couple weeks ago. It was meant to be on for 2-4 weeks but fell off with a tug after 5 days. We've not even bothered calling the GP! All the advice will say don't sleep in the same bed but we did many times. 

On 9/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, edc said:

You need a rear facing seat up to at least 15 months. 

Forget the bald bloke and baby in a convertible. Use a baby carrier and just walk around town. You'll get more attention that way. 

Depending on your attitude you can worry about anything. I'm not much of a worrier. My baby had a plaster cast a couple weeks ago. It was meant to be on for 2-4 weeks but fell off with a tug after 5 days. We've not even bothered calling the GP! All the advice will say don't sleep in the same bed but we did many times. 

Oh yes I'll be taking baby out for walks into town 😎😁😁

I might even bring one of the huskies for extra oomph

The buckle shape is non standard. I modded a vw style one , my chepaskate mingebaggery is in the how to section. As it does no restraint as long as the shape is right and the car has had the correct coding the air bag light flashes for 30 seconds to indicate the passenger air bag has been deactivated when you plug in the buckle. You can use any car seat with the deactivation done.

here it is

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/topic/77774-child-seat-air-bag-deactivation-buckle-diy-986/

Archived