Looks nice....

718as

12 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

Advert says roof can be operated at up to 40mph? Is that correct, seems a decent speed and with a gust of wind.... Could well be tears surely?

it states in the manual 35mph I believe but I can tell you from experience its 40mph

4 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

Advert says roof can be operated at up to 40mph? Is that correct, seems a decent speed and with a gust of wind.... Could well be tears surely?

I'd hazard a guess it's designed to cope with it and given how well engineered the cars are I'd bet it would be done at much higher speeds. 

Very handy when you get caught short with the roof down and the rain hits

@Christopher2110 Maybe, but the speed at which you can do it is limited by the software. I can't imaging Porsche would allow it at a speed where it would be likely to cause damage as it would open them to warranty claims. Now after I've said that watch mine break next time I use it at speed 🤣

17 minutes ago, CMA said:

I'd hazard a guess it's designed to cope with it and given how well engineered the cars are I'd bet it would be done at much higher speeds. 

Very handy when you get caught short with the roof down and the rain hits

nah, just keep the speed above 50 mph and I'll guarantee you wont get wet, roof down in the rain :) 

Just now, Stuart21UK said:

nah, just keep the speed above 50 mph and I'll guarantee you wont get wet, roof down in the rain :) 

And having experienced it I can say your guarantee is not based on reality. At 70mph I was getting drenched in a heavy downpour so had to hit the brakes to drop to 40 and put it up sharpish. Light rain, yes. Monsoon type rain, nope :)

5 minutes ago, CMA said:

And having experienced it I can say your guarantee is not based on reality. At 70mph I was getting drenched in a heavy downpour so had to hit the brakes to drop to 40 and put it up sharpish. Light rain, yes. Monsoon type rain, nope :)

It is based on MY REALITY,  maybe you speedo is duff...or you are too tall :)

I have done it many times, only drips over the edge of the wound up windows UNLESS really torrential rain

11 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

It is based on MY REALITY,  maybe you speedo is duff...or you are too tall :)

I have done it many times, only drips over the edge of the wound up windows UNLESS really torrential rain

I got caught over Glenshee (very high up and subject to bad weather without warning) and it was bucketing down, I had my mic cable stretched out to capture the exhaust note so couldnt put the roof up on the move and the thought of stopping wasn't appealing.

I enjoyed keeping the speed up to avoid getting soaked and happy to report I managed to stay pretty dry. It did eventually catch up with me though when I  approached some road works and a red light with no one about 😭

4 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I got caught over Glenshee (very high up and subject to bad weather without warning) and it was bucketing down, I had my mic cable stretched out to capture the exhaust note so couldnt put the roof up on the move and the thought of stopping wasn't appealing.

I enjoyed keeping the speed up to avoid getting soaked and happy to report I managed to stay pretty dry. It did eventually catch up with me though when I  approached some road works and a red light with no one about 😭

lol :) 

The only way to capture the exhaust properly is a mic, did that before

...or you can use an @Gutley

We found light rain is not a problem although if using the wipers more than intermittently the water pushed to drivers side window will give you a wet backside 🤭

Strangely if you go too fast the backdraft into the cabin covers the interior of the windscreen and dash with spray, we were in France trying to outpace a thunder shower and had a few strange looks with our roof down in the middle of a storm 😂

1 hour ago, 718as said:

I believe the roof will work at any speed, however if it gets damaged, the speed is logged in the ECU, and will invalidate the OPC warranty.

no its speed limited to 40mph, it prevents you from using it above that....the one touch auto down also only works above 5mph too

2 hours ago, 718as said:

I believe the roof will work at any speed, however if it gets damaged, the speed is logged in the ECU, and will invalidate the OPC warranty.

Nope - not on mine as I accidentally caught the button once and it wasn't having any of it.

Archived