986S - Centre console removal

Rav

Ok - done. Handbrake is as high as big ben!

Under the console, there are connectors - white and black large block connectors - electric windows. There seems to be another that is connected to the lock mechanism for the storage cubby. I have one tiny two pin connector - now this looks exactly the same as the one that is connected to the handbrake, but that is already connected and working....

Any ideas?

Brilliant @Sanky - I think that my car has the ashtray delete fitted at some point.

Teaches me to document the tear down, to help when reassembling. 

I've had my console out a few times and it is currently out , but not once have i struggled to get it over the handbrake , I found it a lot easier removing the lower part of the front centre console

Almost all back together and I have spotted an issue. 

The centre console on the drivers side right at the very back is missing a piece of trim. I took this off my old car and it is 180 degree opposite to the part i need. I am wondering if the centre console i was sold was from a LHD car?

The passenger side is fine and has been painted, but it seems a piece of black plastic push fit trim needs to be pressed in place here.

I have part number: 986.552.089 and wonder if this is a RHD part for a LHD console?

Ok, sorted  - Parts manual says that the 986 552 089 part comes as a LHD or RHD part.

Which side of the car should this feature on on  a UK car, next to driver or next to passenger?

Does anyone have the correct part - next to the driver seat that I can buy please?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived