Replace handbrake

Remodot

Evening All, I'm looking at little jobs to do on my 2006 S while its off the road in the garage over winter. The handbrake cover is something which has bugged me for ages, looks like someone with sharp nails or rings on has scratched and dented it, its not too bad but something I'd like to address. Do I have to change the whole assembly or can I just change the cover? 

I've seen some assemblies for sale on ebay but to be honest they are not much better, looks like a common problem.

So does anyone have a good one for sale? Cover, if that can be changed, or the whole assembly.

Anyone know how easy or difficult it is do do either?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you got a picture of the problem?  The rear part of the trim is available separately i.e. not the actually handle and button bit but the bit that cover down towards the pivot into the centre console p/n 997 424  155 00 plus colour code for black 8YR, Stone Grey 5X5, Sand beiger 8G1 and Sea blue 3SB.

Hi ½cat, its the actual leather on the handle, ill get pictures later and post them. There are a couple of other bits of trim I'd like to replace, I'll post the lot. Maybe someone has bits and pieces lying around and willing to sell them on. 

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Philc said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-997-987-Retrimming-service-handbrake-gearknob-and-gaiter-/282487029320?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Not done it to mine(but want to).  Pics in the link show the whole mechanism is removed to retrim?

Thanks for the link.  I have

emaild him to ask if he can do black leather with grey stitching, I don't need the gear knob done. 

The seller does have listings for just gearknob or arm rest etc, I'm guessing they will do anything or bespoke if it's within capabilities.  I have that link saved as I want both gearknob and handbrake doing at some point in the future.

There are other re-trimmers like royal steering wheels who have a good reputation, I'd pick one close by or recommended for piece of mind.

Thanks for the lead. I have taken the other off, handbrake, gear shift gaiter and gear knob. All posted to the guy who will have all back before Christmas. Looks like a good deal for £130. I will post pictures once returned.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, Philc said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-997-987-Retrimming-service-handbrake-gearknob-and-gaiter-/282487029320?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Not done it to mine(but want to).  Pics in the link show the whole mechanism is removed to retrim?

That's the handbrake, gear knob and gaiter back. Nice job, good communication. Here are some pictures. 

Ox1Joc3.jpg

GezSDmc.jpg

asXQwjk.jpg

CJOLMVL.jpg

Vc4aBNw.jpg

rTLKw4l.jpg

Yes good call from Philc to use these guys, good deal for £130. Took around 4 weeks but that was over Christmas and New Year.

Archived