Is this the cheapest 987?

the baron

Just spotted this over on eBay, high miles and needs a new clutch but seems awfully cheap at buy it now £4995 I reckon you’d get it for £4500 if turned up with cash in your pocket

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-06-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-2-7-987-CONVERTIBLE-GREEN/154250765610?hash=item23ea0fe52a:g:LuoAAOSw2KVfzRdp

17 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

You beat me to it. 

This car has been on sale for quite some time. I'm not a big fan of the colour, but, it does go well with the interior tbh. 

I like the colour, used to have a big bumper golf GTi in Oak Green metallic which I always regret selling🙁. Not so keen on the interior though. Probably a pretty good buy given the mileage has been put on quite quickly. If I was looking, I’d definitely have a look.

32 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

I like the colour, used to have a big bumper golf GTi in Oak Green metallic which I always regret selling🙁. Not so keen on the interior though. Probably a pretty good buy given the mileage has been put on quite quickly. If I was looking, I’d definitely have a look.

I find the missing heated seats something I can't live without. Plus it's nearly 120k miles more than my 986 and judging by the prices I should hold onto it for a while. 

21 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Why does an 2006 car have an "03: plate. Seems an odd private plate?

I suspect the LAW bit was more important than worrying about making the car look older. IIRC, you can’t put a plate on a car that is younger than the car unless the rules have changed

26 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Why does an 2006 car have an "03: plate. Seems an odd private plate?

Perhaps the owner of the car was a lawyer (barrister or solicitor in the UK) and wanted it to be known as he drove around. Would explain the high mileage as well if it was used to commute up and down to clients. 

1 minute ago, usman10316 said:

Perhaps the owner of the car was a lawyer (barrister or solicitor in the UK) and wanted it to be known as he drove around. Would explain the high mileage as well if it was used to commute up and down to clients. 

Bought it yet ? 🤭

Just now, iborguk said:

Bought it yet ? 🤭

After I posted that, my mind is thinking of buying it just for the number plate as I've studied law and have a master's. 

Who knows - I might be able to buy a car and a job 😂😂😂

Just now, JonSta said:

I didn't pay that much more for mine and it has half the mileage, 18s, heated seats and isn't green....

987? Sounds like a good deal! 

There is a guy on YouTube with a 987 boxster with like 250000 miles on it. Definitely the cheapest I've seen. 

I think given this car clutch is suspect and driver window not working you're looking at spending nearly an extra grand on top of it. 

Clutch from revolution is around £600. Window could be the regulator or a micro switch - so a couple of hundred there. I'd want to service it as well so thats going to add a couple of hundred as well. 

Overall - I honestly reckon if one can get it for 4k that's a fair price. And 3750 would be a bargain imo. 

Id be confident in the engine though. So long as you can see regular oil changes. 

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

Aren't you after a second one ? :whistle: 

😀

Unfortunately, unless I can trade in the 986 boxster I won't have the spare funds for another car due to a house purchase. So this one, despite growing on me, will have to let go. And I love high mileage car for some reason 😭

1 minute ago, JonSta said:

Sometimes when I'm looking at autotrader I think 'ooh that's a nice one.' Luckily so far they've all been sold before I can get the moths off of my cheque book....

Yes, fair do's. 👍

No harm in browsing mind.

7 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

Unfortunately, unless I can trade in the 986 boxster I won't have the spare funds for another car due to a house purchase. So this one, despite growing on me, will have to let go. And I love high mileage car for some reason 😭

That one was for @JonSta  I think he's been window shopping and why not 😀

Archived