Painting roll bar covers

highway

On 3/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, Greenman said:

Yeh depending on colour I think it really improves the roof down look,  for not a lot.   Isn’t  the issue that the none painted hoops are sort of a rough finish, not sure if any additional prep is required? Did you have any issues with this @robporsche

no issues at,  they are a little bobbly.   so he just keyed them up,  its not completely smooth.                

The hardest issue i had was putting them back together,   i ended up going for a cup of tea and coming back and they clicked into place but probably didnt help that the little ball joints were cold and would have been better warmed up

I have to say that personally I don't think it works on our colour car  @highway - does on some colours but with the black hood in between the body and the hoops it just makes them stand out looking a bit cheap and tacky (even though plain plastic is obviously cheaper).  To my eyes the all-black of the interior against the yellow bodywork looks better.  If mine had come painted I'd be looking to get some plain ones or re-done in black.

Some pics to compare.

opRDmQ5.jpg

2 hours ago, highway said:

Funny- I think they look a bunch better painted body colour!

Not seeing the rabbit ears? 🐰

I wouldn't be surprised if it were just me then, sounds cheap enough anyway looking above.  Did you get any further with the PSE ?

4 minutes ago, highway said:

I haven’t had it done yet. I’d like it but at just short of £2k it’s a big spend I’d never get back. 

Stick with the black rabbit ears and knock off the money from the £2k 😄

But yeah, you're right, probably wouldn't get it back as I guess there's not everyone in the market would appreciate it.  If anything I thought PSE was more subtle than I'd like, I've got used to it now but would've been happier for it to be even more vocal - aside from the snap crackle pop that is, which it's top-notch at doing even if a bit "synthetic".

On 3/11/2021 at 9:53 PM, highway said:

I’d have liked the roll bar covers painted to match the car.

Has anyone paid to have this done aftermarket? Cost?

Thanks

All the photos and cost here 

Makes me happy every time I see them @map so glad I had them done.

Guvs

Archived