Leak - Potentially Screenwash

dunks

The cars been in the garage over winter , I went around to it today, fitted a new battery, drove it out of the garage and a very rapid drip started between the wing and door on the nearside. had a feel around and drip seemed to stop , did a couple of jobs in the garage then started the car back up and reversed it back in, to see a stream of fluid on the floor , and it continuing to drip in the garage , there was no sign of any leak in the garage over the winter , no sign of any kind of leak under the frunk , but also i've not used the washer jets , anybody know if there's anything else located in that area apart from the screenwash bottle, or any thoughts ?

11 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Possibly an air con drain?

Aircon not on at all as the controls are not in the car at the moment 

Stumped ... Screenwash not gone down, water level not gone down, no sign of any colourants on the garage floor 

7 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

What colour/texture was the drip?

It looked like water

So ... Not done it since, took it a spirited drive today to water pressure up and nothing, one of those great mysteries

Salutary tale.
Be careful with the taste test!

I had a VW being serviced and the mechanic saw what looked like water coming from below the bumper, he did a taste test as he couldn’t see any leaks and it turned out to be cats pee.

Archived