Leaky front shock absorber

Finchy

Leaky shock dilemma. What to do? I have a leaky shock on the front. It's £250 for a single Bilstien unit without a new spring. Obviously I'll replace the pair. Or do I go with a full set of coilovers? BC can be had for £850 a set. Had them on my Subaru. Excellent units. 

People's experiences and thoughts? 

It is more expensive but you should always replace in pairs, certainly on any sort of performance vehicle as you say.  Typically coil overs give a harder ride as you may have found on your Scooby (yet another ex Impreza owner now with a Boxster!) and if you drive the car hard most of the time or do track work that might be what you want but it will be a lot less compliant once on coil overs.

Different car I now but putting new Koni Special Active dampers on my 986S (Bilstein B4 which are the OE spec were about £250 more for a car set at the time) has made a major difference even though they are tuned close to OE performance.  Not sure they are available for the 987 unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Finchy said:

It's £250 for a single Bilstien unit without a new spring. Obviously I'll replace the pair

Cheapest place to buy a pair, surprisingly, is Design 911. I got mine for around £350 in November including a 10% discount for using one of their codes.

5 minutes ago, Finchy said:

Do you have the code for the discount please?

Suspect that will be a reference to a Black Friday Sale code.

Their current offers are shown at the link below , bear in mind their pricing is exclusive of VAT, until you hit the checkout basket.

https://www.design911.co.uk/blog/spring-sale-2021-discount-tcs/

2 hours ago, Finchy said:

Do you have the code for the discount please?

I think it was a code that was generated either when i went to left the site without purchasing or possibly for signing up for their newsletter. Currently i think they're offering 5% but i'm pretty sure it was CLOUD10 so try and see if it still works.

Archived