Roof Transport System (RTS)

Beancounter

Does anyone have any idea what a RTS might be worth? eBay ‘sold’ prices are my normal go to source but these things do not come up very often anymore.

it is complete with aero bars (but not the end caps, going to try and track some down).  Also the locking screw has lost its socket - I have replaced the bolts with a4 torx stainless bolts - while I was at it, I replaced all of the others for new ones too). 

BBB1-BA5-C-B40-D-45-A8-9905-D07-BF68-D85

4 minutes ago, Gutley said:

FYI. Your photo doesn’t show

It does for me.

To answer your question Mr Bean, anywhere between £75 and £600 believe it or not.

There was one on FB last week for £75 and I have sold a couple of them in the past 6 months for in the region of £500

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got my RTS after selling my 986 last year (baby arrived so I wasn't using it anymore). I've got 2 bike racks for it as well - one for a MTB or hybrid and one for a road bike. Let me know if you're still looking and we can message to arrange things.

23 minutes ago, chris_fireice said:

I've still got my RTS after selling my 986 last year (baby arrived so I wasn't using it anymore). I've got 2 bike racks for it as well - one for a MTB or hybrid and one for a road bike. Let me know if you're still looking and we can message to arrange things.

@That_Boxster - don't know if you have seen this....

8 hours ago, chris_fireice said:

I'd be interested in this, if not already sold.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

@McDonald this is for 986 and you have 987? I’m not sure they are compatible. 

20 minutes ago, the baron said:

There not

Thanks both. I definitely don't need to buy something that won't fit my car. I would like to be able to move my bike around with the car. I'm going to have to buy a Brompton. I like my road bike (1996 Eddy Merckx) but it doesn't fit into my life any more.

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Thanks both. I definitely don't need to buy something that won't fit my car. I would like to be able to move my bike around with the car. I'm going to have to buy a Brompton. I like my road bike (1996 Eddy Merckx) but it doesn't fit into my life any more.

I have a Brompton and can confirm it will fit both 986 and 987 so good choice

Archived