Rear toe arm bolt removal past cat?

Boxsum

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Welcome to the Boxster suspension rebuilding club!  It really is worth all the grief. Transforms the car.

Thankyou! 

May do it again in another 20 years 🤣

P.S Thankyou for the private messages/help 👍

1 minute ago, TROOPER88 said:

Looks like you did a super job mate, well done.

Can be a pain with seized. 

I am currently working on one and need to split the cats from the manifolds!! 

Yep, I was pretty chuffed when it was complete and was (and still am) even more chuffed with how it handled afterwards.  Managed to do all 4 corners with new parts, except front top bearings, rear springs and rear tuning forks, for only about £1500. We don't mention the £180 for a magnetic induction coil and £70 for recip saw with Bosch Sabre blade)

Hmm, now then, exhaust system.  That will come up at some point,  Can't see any reason do do less than manifolds, cats and back box in one hit but not sure I've got the skills, patience and tools to deal with a 21 year old Porsche exhaust system.  Can feel the credit card quaking from here!

2 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Thankyou! 

May do it again in another 20 years 🤣

P.S Thankyou for the private messages/help 👍

My pleasure.  Gives another Boxster a new lease of life and another owner a new skill set as well as a cracking car to enjoy.

4 hours ago, Boxsum said:

After changing the six components this is how far the rear tracking was out. Not sure if it was even worth re-tracking but I don’t really understand the parameters.

KakaAjS.jpg

Just need a rear strut brace now, big improvement on a 986

Archived