Which Car Should I Buy?

Adrian Major

On 4/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, Mattman42 said:

No from me, roof needs fixing with new elastic, not a big job, but a haggling point, the grey interior is so bland though, outside looks nice, but not the inside - and some strange stickers been stuck over the buttons rather than being properly fixed?

Hi I am thinking about this car. Cant see the stickers you are referring to?

2 minutes ago, Gareth_W said:

Good spot Mattman, it appears to me to be the temp and fan speed switces

Thanks. How big a job is fixing the roof elastic then and what is actually the problem. Hard to see from the photos if you don't know what you are looking for.

4 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

Thanks. How big a job is fixing the roof elastic then and what is actually the problem. Hard to see from the photos if you don't know what you are looking for.

The roof elastic is an easy fix, I found it a little fiddly though, just needs replacing. as for the cause I think it just wears out over time.

28 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

Not a fan of tips then?

Like I said in the other post I've only ever had 2 automatics and I managed to break both of them. The tip was a sort of fun gimmick at the time but I prob wouldn't have another. I was lucky because a local guy was hip to replacing autoboxes and he got a another box pretty cheap but I imagine those days are gone.

The other one was a dodge challenger. I rebuilt that one myself in the kitchen. That was a doddle.

1 hour ago, Adrian Major said:

Hi I am thinking about this car. Cant see the stickers you are referring to?

it looks like someone has put a long sticker across each switch - compare to others and they have a different finish. The switches get gummy due to age and the icons peel off - there are some DIY fixes available which involves removal and repainting - shouldn't be a big job, but just one of those things that looks like someone has bodged it - if they have done that - what else have they done? 

Perhaps i'm too cynical :)

@Adrian Major how many cars have you actually been to see?

looking at adverts is cool but quite often when you get to see the car in the flesh all kinds of things can jump out (good and bad) that weren't immediately obvious.

nothing beats getting out on the road to see what you can get for your money, benchmarking if you like.

we can all be autotrader experts on here, but if you aren't already, just get out and about.

• Like 1