Which Car Should I Buy?

Adrian Major

12 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Not to me, and I generally drive top down all year around unless it’s raining. Mind you, my last car was a Spitfire, so maybe that toughened me up😀

My Boxster replaced a Frogeye Sprite. I know whereof I speak :)

Edited by minimoog

wow those two cars are eerily similar.... the only difference i can see is that one has a screen, the other doesnt. was hoping one would be on cr*p tyres, but both are actually on decent tyres too. in fairness, both look lovely.

which one is easier to get to?

17 minutes ago, brillomaster said:

wow those two cars are eerily similar.... the only difference i can see is that one has a screen, the other doesnt.

The 05 has climate, the 06 doesn't. Apart from that, and the after-market head unit as you say, they doesn't seem to be much in it options-wise (in both senses haha). 

Not sure what's going on with that white stuff in the boot of the 05. Looks like paint.

All of this is secondary to the much more important things regarding maintenance and how they actually drive etc, but they're reasons to keep looking if the buyer would prefer to have a few more toys.

8 hours ago, JonSta said:

I wouldn't buy a car without bum heaters. Call me a softy....

Both expensive too. 18 months ago I was looking at well-optioned S's for that money. And not buying them in the hope better/cheaper would come along....

Yes seems pretty much all 05-08 models with miles 60 to 80k from dealers are within a 11 to 12k range. 

11 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

No from me, roof needs fixing with new elastic, not a big job, but a haggling point, the grey interior is so bland though, outside looks nice, but not the inside - and some strange stickers been stuck over the buttons rather than being properly fixed?

23 hours ago, iborguk said:

Personal choice, although I would not consider one without them.

Having had them I wouldn’t be without them - have had convertibles in the past without and in the winter top down driving in the Box is fab when you have a toasty bum 😊

• Like 1

23 hours ago, minimoog said:

My Boxster replaced a Frogeye Sprite. I know whereof I speak :)

Fellow previous Frog Eye Sprite driver here too - if only it had had heated seats ...

Just now, CAZ said:

Having had them I wouldn’t be without them - have had convertibles in the past without and in the winter top down driving in the Box is fab when you have a toasty bum 😊

Yup couldn't agree more. I also find that the Boxster's have had don't have the same heater power as some other convertibles I've had.

Plus the heated passenger seat is useful for heating a snac when 1-Up🥴

3 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

How about this one.. No advisories in 3 years

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010084767966?atmobcid=soc3

Not a fan of the way the Ad is written.

Roof looks tired and doesn't look to be sitting right on the passenger side, easy fix but speaks volumes to the prep.

What's your budget ? 

Have you driven any yet to get a feel for what you like ? 

12 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

How about this one.. No advisories in 3 years

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010084767966?atmobcid=soc3

Cheap tyres fitted front and rear and also different brands.

Maybe I'm being a snob, and sure, you can change them when you buy the car...

But that tells me a lot about the previous owner.