Boxster 718 GTS4.0 deposit paid yesterday

mneil

If it’s not been posted 

https://dvlatimedauction.co.uk/auction/B241/

A718 GTS is up for grabs :) wonder what price that will go for 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So, after 14 months of waiting for my new BGTS 4.0, I have made the decision to pull the plug and go pre-owned instead. I spotted a vehicle at an OPC with an almost identical colour scheme and spec to my order with only 970 miles on the clock. 

While I would have loved a brand new vehicle, the uncertainty over when if ever I would get one (and at what price) meant the final decision was relatively easy (especially given the more than acceptable PX offer for my 981 GTS at a time when there is speculation about used car values dropping).

Ultimately, I figured that life is too short to keep waiting, wondering and hoping when I could be out driving the vehicle now. 

Anyone with an order at East London should now be one place nearer the front of the queue.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, jhemus said:

So, after 14 months of waiting for my new BGTS 4.0, I have made the decision to pull the plug and go pre-owned instead. I spotted a vehicle at an OPC with an almost identical colour scheme and spec to my order with only 970 miles on the clock. 

While I would have loved a brand new vehicle, the uncertainty over when if ever I would get one (and at what price) meant the final decision was relatively easy (especially given the more than acceptable PX offer for my 981 GTS at a time when there is speculation about used car values dropping).

Ultimately, I figured that life is too short to keep waiting, wondering and hoping when I could be out driving the vehicle now. 

Anyone with an order at East London should now be one place nearer the front of the queue.

Well that worked out well! Another forum member spotted this post and we have today done a deal which means I get a little more than the PX, the buyer gets a great car at a competitive price and, most importantly, the BGTS stays in the BoXa.net family, just like my RS60. Good news all round.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jhemus said:

Well that worked out well! Another forum member spotted this post and we have today done a deal which means I get a little more than the PX, the buyer gets a great car at a competitive price and, most importantly, the BGTS stays in the BoXa.net family, just like my RS60. Good news all round.

What a great result😃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Ok which of you lucky sods just got a bargain 981 GTS? :D 

That would be me!

After having tried both a 992 Carerra and a 718 Spyder, I have finally come back full circle to a 981 GTS.

I have come to appreciate, via a very enjoyable, circuitous and financially rewarding route, that the 981 GTS is simply the best model in the range.

Whilst the Spyder was a beautiful car, the roof was a pain and the sound was never as nice as a GTS!

As for the financially rewarding bit, an OPC kept offering me me crazy money to buy it, and in the end I could no longer resist the temptation!

So, I'm very happy to be in a GTS again, these cars feel just right to me, this Carmine Red one is a lovely example and a credit to it's previous owner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

That would be me!

So, I'm very happy to be in a GTS again, these cars feel just right to me, this Carmine Red one is a lovely example and a credit to its previous owner.

I really need to try one of these 😊

15 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

That would be me!

After having tried both a 992 Carerra and a 718 Spyder, I have finally come back full circle to a 981 GTS.

I have come to appreciate, via a very enjoyable, circuitous and financially rewarding route, that the 981 GTS is simply the best model in the range.

Whilst the Spyder was a beautiful car, the roof was a pain and the sound was never as nice as a GTS!

As for the financially rewarding bit, an OPC kept offering me me crazy money to buy it, and in the end I could no longer resist the temptation!

So, I'm very happy to be in a GTS again, these cars feel just right to me, this Carmine Red one is a lovely example and a credit to it's previous owner.

Congratulations on your latest purchase!

I can confirm it is a great looking and sounding car as I have followed it a few times on our runs in to Wales👌