Boxster 718 GTS4.0 deposit paid yesterday

mneil

"Enough of the faffing about"

I deserve a good 71st birthday present next year and what could be better😃. Went to see the Aventurine green, Stunning!

PNW1SBE6 is the build code.

My beloved 981S should be up for sale within weeks if I get the go ahead for my knee Op next Tuesday.

• Like 8

Lovely, particularly like the satin aurum wheel colour with your colour choice.
I’ve ordered one for delivery next September so I have plenty of time to refine my choice of spec and your colour choice is one of the short listed alternatives!

When are you hoping to take delivery?

Thanks for all your kind comments😃

🤞 Production will start in the new year and I can take delivery sometime in March but that is in the hands of the God's.

8 hours ago, Bodge50 said:

Wow 👍 Looking forward to seeing that on a Bridgnorth run --- probably in the distance 😂 Great spec ! Good luck with the op .

Ade

Thanks Ade, hopefully it will go faster than I'm able walk😂.

7 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Nice one. 'We pass this way but once' so absolutely the right thing to do and the right car to buy! 

Exactly John!

Within the last 3 weeks, two long time friends, both in their early fifties have suffered heart attacks. One a Quadrathlon athlete; known as, "the fittest man in his town" and the other, again a super fit,top player at my local badminton club.

Edited by mneil
Predictive
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mneil said:

Exactly John!

Within the last 3 weeks, two long time friends, both in their early fifties have suffered heart attacks. One a Quadrathlon athlete; known as, "the fittest man in his town" and the other, again a super fit,top player at my local badminton club.

Says it all Neil....

10 hours ago, jhemus said:

Congratulations Neil - really pleased for you. I can’t wait to see it! Did you order from SC?

Hi Jonathan good to hear from you 😃. Yes ordered it through Sutton.

1 hour ago, Bodge50 said:

Neil , Hope you've had your op ok and getting better .. Being fit should help your recovery time no end .

Hi Ade 

Saw the surgeon and was advised against it at present 😃. It's arthritis in the knee and although the MRI showed ok for just a half replacement he couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't wake up with a full replacement and that could potentially impact on my sports activities. The majority of the patients for knee replacement walk with a stick and are in constant pain.

More beer and bridgnorth runs this year then😃

11 hours ago, jhemus said:

I have booked a test drive…..

Fantastic!

I'm hoping mine should arrive not too long after my birthday😃

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Jonathan! Looking forward to seeing it on the Bridgnorth runs😃.

I've had a change of heart and gone for something visually very different, the new Lotus Emira supercharged V6.

Do you think anyone will notice an infiltrator🤗

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:18 AM, mneil said:

Congratulations Jonathan! Looking forward to seeing it on the Bridgnorth runs😃.

I've had a change of heart and gone for something visually very different, the new Lotus Emira supercharged V6.

Do you think anyone will notice an infiltrator🤗

Nice looking car the new Lotus, but it's not a convertible.. 

Surprised you went for it over the 718 GTS, what was your reasoning out of interest?

15 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Surprised you went for it over the 718 GTS, what was your reasoning out of interest?

I agree the lotus looks to be a nice car , I’m surprised Neil changed his mind and I have been trying to tempt him with GT4 S 😂 I ve been  winding him up saying that on the next Bridgnorth run I will pack a tow rope and some super glue just in case 😉😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I agree the lotus looks to be a nice car , I’m surprised Neil changed his mind and I have been trying to tempt him with GT4 S 😂 I ve been  winding him up saying that on the next Bridgnorth run I will pack a tow rope and some super glue just in case 😉😂

Indeed you have Gareth😀 but I thought the rope was insurance for your PDK and the glue, the air-con radiators🤣. Sorry, bit below the belt😀.

Both my previous Toyota powered Lotus have been bomb proof, never missed a beat and my only expenditure was from their servicing. Gone are the days of Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious😁.

18 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I have been awaiting the arrival of a new model from Lotus since the days of Danny Bahar; that didnt happen, hence I sold my Evora and replaced it with the Boxster 981s, my first Porsche, apart from its relative, my 1959 Beetle.

I have enjoyed the Boxster but IMHO an interior re-fresh is long over-due and although the 981 is no slouch, I am looking forward once again to double wishbone suspension on every corner. For such a prestige maufacturer, IMHO McPherson struts are a bit cheap and cheerful.

I will surely miss the convertable for our few days of summer in the UK🥶 but it will be refreshing to have a complete change, in design and manufacturer once again.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I didn't realise you were a previous Lotus owner - so the draw is understandable.

My first real sports car was a TVR, but don't think I could be tempted back!

I've had Porsches for over 30 years now, so my loyalties lay with the marque and always will do I guess.

Funny how you get attached to things isn't it?

Good luck with the Lotus @mneil it's certainly a very good looking car, reminds me of a junior Ferrari... 

16 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Fair enough, I didn't realise you were a previous Lotus owner - so the draw is understandable.

My first real sports car was a TVR, but don't think I could be tempted back!

I've had Porsches for over 30 years now, so my loyalties lay with the marque and always will do I guess.

Funny how you get attached to things isn't it?

Good luck with the Lotus @mneil it's certainly a very good looking car, reminds me of a junior Ferrari... 

Thank you😃