Remap

Elmer Fudd

9 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for, as I've said previously I wanted improved mid range and wasn't particularly bothered about top BHP, I think I've got that and improvement lower down as well. Not everyone will think it was worth it and maybe they're right, but I'm happy and for me that's all that counts 😁

Seems well worth it to me especially if you love your car👍
As much peek Bhp as an S, lighter, cheaper tax, win win 🏆 

Just need to sort the long shifting to stop it feeling like your stirring a huge bowl of porridge and you will have a cracking 986 👍

25 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Just need to sort the long shifting to stop it feeling like your stirring a huge bowl of porridge and you will have a cracking 986 👍

Thanks, I  fitted a 987 gear linkage a couple of months ago 😉😁

19 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Thanks, I  fitted a 987 gear linkage a couple of months ago 😉😁

Very jealous! 
Is there a noticeable shorter shift and better 2-3rd ? 
I’m thinking about changing mine as yours rather than a short shift kit although mines 6 speed 

2 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Very jealous! 
I’m thinking about changing mine as yours rather than a short shift kit although mines 6 speed 

It's a shorter shift but not overly shorter, it's definitely more positive in every gear, kinda how it should of been in the first place.

2 hours ago, Boxsum said:

Very jealous! 

I've fitted the 987 (well 997 actually) shift to my 986, certainly worth it.  Not a rifle bolt but certainly a significantly shorter throw.

1 hour ago, Elmer Fudd said:

It's a shorter shift but not overly shorter, it's definitely more positive in every gear, kinda how it should of been in the first place.

+1 to this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxsum said:

You do have to look at the overall spend on the parts list to get there though!!  And still no 6 speed 'box...

33 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I've fitted the 987 (well 997 actually) shift to my 986, certainly worth it.  Not a rifle bolt but certainly a significantly shorter throw.

+1 to this

Yes I’m definitely going to do it, I still can’t believe how Porsche thought it was ok, I’m guessing they put a bit more effort into the 996 being a lot more expensive. 

12 hours ago, Boxsum said:

Yes I’m definitely going to do it, I still can’t believe how Porsche thought it was ok, I’m guessing they put a bit more effort into the 996 being a lot more expensive. 

996 has same shift as 986, it is a 996 part number.

35 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

I just had a read about how much was shared between the 986/996. I can see why 996 owners were quite disappointed. 

Not half as disappointed as they would have been having a 996 without the parts that 986 volumes provided to make the 996 viable 😂

🤔 Front half of the chassis, front suspension, electronics, engines and interior trim to name the high level BoM groups.