It's poorly again

Chukkieegg

Started missing on Tuesday night tonight defo only running on 5 cylinders cleared codes and it came straight back

Pretty sure either a coil pack or plug so set of beru coils packs and plugs on order another lesson learnt never buy cheap coil packs lol

But the good old 2.5 still puts a smile on my face even when running rough

I learned a similar lesson to you in the Z3M It was running on 5 cylinders in northern Germany, so I decided to limp it to Zeebrugge for the ferry and this happened! The plug electrode had burnt off and fallen onto the top of the piston.....Expensive.

QH6YE0E.jpg

2 hours ago, Desiro said:

I learned a similar lesson to you in the Z3M It was running on 5 cylinders in northern Germany, so I decided to limp it to Zeebrugge for the ferry and this happened! The plug electrode had burnt off and fallen onto the top of the piston.....Expensive.

QH6YE0E.jpg

This happened to us in a Vitara a few years back.  The guy in the garage managed to bounce the electrode piece out (perhaps!) Or maybe it just got lodged somewhere.  The car was so agricultural there was no perceptible impact after this!  So one set of new spark plugs later we were good to go for a few more years 😀

On 8/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, Chukkieegg said:

Started missing on Tuesday night tonight defo only running on 5 cylinders cleared codes and it came straight back

Pretty sure either a coil pack or plug so set of beru coils packs and plugs on order another lesson learnt never buy cheap coil packs lol

But the good old 2.5 still puts a smile on my face even when running rough

Look on the Bright Side @Scubaregs would have given his right nut to have had 5 cylinders in his Boxster :laugh:

Good luck with the replacement parts.

• Haha 1

Fixed coil packs and plugs came from design911 this morning so fitted em this afternoon. 

Beru coil packs a lot better made than the cheapo's I put on 2years ago better quality plastic and deeper heads

Anyway coil pack cylinder 5 had broke where the electrical connector plugs in so pretty sure that was the misfire took it for a run and defo back on 6 and no error codes

2 hours ago, Chukkieegg said:

Fixed coil packs and plugs came from design911 this morning so fitted em this afternoon. 

Beru coil packs a lot better made than the cheapo's I put on 2years ago better quality plastic and deeper heads

Anyway coil pack cylinder 5 had broke where the electrical connector plugs in so pretty sure that was the misfire took it for a run and defo back on 6 and no error codes

Nice one. 6 always sound nicer than 5.

A cautionary tale on cheap UFO parts (You fit often).

• 2 weeks later...

Update car has run loads better since new coil packs and plugs but still smells rich after a run and still get misfire codes on cylinder 1 2and 3 anyway went to an independent porsche garage a postie friend of mine found 3mile away from where I live 

Explained issue to him today and he said most likely maf sensor goes in his store room and pulls one out said fit and let me know so I fitted it cleared codes and went for blast stopped 3 times plugged in scanner no error codes and car don't smell rich anymore went back to garage and he said give me £50 for maf so gave him £60 and told him to get a drink

Really nice guy and knows porsche will be using again

• Like 3