Idle jump

Cocky

I have a little bit of a jumpy need on my 3.4 PDK hot or cold around 1100rpm 

I wondered if this was normal? 

I did wonder if this could be AOS or a slight vacuum leak or just because it's creeping up towards being due a service. I have heard from a Porsche indi that it's uncommon to swap the AOS on the DFI engine but that's one view against anybody on here's experiences. 

I am planning on getting it in for a service next month & doing the plugs/coils. So doing some research. 

Thanks guys! 

1100 seems fast for idle to me - can't remember hot idle speed on mine ( same car ) - but pretty sure it's below 1000

Previous car ( Audi A4 ) had a PCV valve issue ( similar function as AOS ) - that resulted in fast idle - because the ecu was compensating for it running weak - it eventually threw a CEL with a mixture out of range, and there was a non CEL code of "idling too fast" - so your thinking about AOS maybe spot on. Think it would benefit from a scan for a reader with porsche smarts.

So I have just been out in the car it revs to 1100 for a few minutes and then drops actually to around 900 it's still got a wobbly needle. 

However the cars now feeling to lag at times in a few if the low down gears as I am driving along steady away in manual/Sport mode. Any ideas on this one guys and gals? 

Thanks @Paul P for the above. 

When my car was due a service ( more specifically plugs ) I had some random issues - not like you describe - mine was a tendency to fire up then immediately die if I had recently started the car - so start, back out of garage, turn off,  go get stuff from indoor, restart, die - or start, drive to petrol station, stop, fill up, start die.....

Immediately after the die it would restart but seem wooly and a bit reluctant to rev - cleared in seconds but wasn't right.

New plugs chased all that away

Service parts ordered, will await these and get it booked in for an oil change. 

@map made a good point about me not worrying about driving the car in the wet it's likely my coil pack just playing subtle games with me. Let's see. 

It does sound like a cracked coil pack, I had similar on my 987.  It was intermittent and difficult to pin point with the scan tool but the technician pinned it down to at least one faulty coil.

I replaced all the coils and spark plugs and it sorted it out.

• Thanks 1