Surely not long to wait to see now!

Boxsum

They have done celebration models for all the Boxsters effectively starting with the 550 Anniversary. The 987 had the RS60 where the current 981 25th borrows it's red theme from. 

40 minutes ago, the baron said:

The only thing similar to the concept is the wheels the rest is standard Boxster

I think there are gold accents in the way of the Callipers and grills but not entirely sure. It’s going to be at the Classic motor show NEC tomorrow 

Those Rh line type wheels have been available to buy forever since 993. 

I think the title of building 1 of 1 is a bit fanciful. It just looks like some choice mods like many others do. Just most on here don't make videos for YouTube 😁

3 hours ago, Boxsum said:

I think there are gold accents in the way of the Callipers and grills but not entirely sure. It’s going to be at the Classic motor show NEC tomorrow 

If it is I will hunt it out,, will be there on Friday

12 hours ago, the baron said:

The only thing similar to the concept is the wheels the rest is standard Boxster

Agree. Who on here showed a car in the last few days with similar intakes in the sills? At least that was a better effort.

13 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

247 hours plus materials bit of a waste of time and money on a 986 !  

I was speaking to the classic Porsche guys on the stand that where involved in the resto, that build time does not include engine or gearbox work, that’s next 🤔

1 hour ago, Boxsum said:

247 hours plus materials bit of a waste of time and money on a 986 !  

Not that different to the OPC restored Boxsters all painted in that special silver paint. 

We all know when you restore and mod cars you never get the time or money back. 

I wouldn't say a waste of time, but as a commercial venture a disaster for sure. 

"Remade" is stretching it somewhat.

The 25 year anniversary 718's colour scheme is as a nod to the original concept car. With the 986, they've effectively taken a car in launch colours, and added some gold highlights to relate it to the new 718 - or the 986 concept - am unsure.

2 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

While watching that, I came across this....   New 986's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sorry if you all know about this.

I’ve had a good look around one of these and they are lovely but they have not used extended leather to the dash and doors so cheapens the car somewhat

8 hours ago, jonogt6 said:

I think it's excellent and it's good to see people putting the effort in to rebuild these cars....surely not everything is about money🙂

No, but common sense has to play a part at some point! 
Im spending around £600 to have my 18” sport designs refurbished but appreciate that even this doesn’t make financial sense👍

37 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

No, but common sense has to play a part at some point! 
Im spending around £600 to have my 18” sport designs refurbished but appreciate that even this doesn’t make financial sense👍

Just had mine done for £125 per wheel plus vat so £600, they split the wheel and have done them two tone, the result is awesome and well worth the result, mine are genuine gt wheels on my 996.

I would say money well spent and great value, man maths or not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the baron said:

Just had mine done for £125 per wheel plus vat so £600, they split the wheel and have done them two tone, the result is awesome and well worth the result, mine are genuine gt wheels on my 996.

I would say money well spent and great value, man maths or not.

Makes total sense on a 996, prices are soaring!
Diamond cut or painted rim ? 

Edited by Boxsum