Inner wheel painted?

Gramps

Has anyone tried painting the insides of their wheels? Why do the insides seem to be ignored? I thought of using Hammerite or the like, or is there a purpose made paint, or is it even a no-no for whatever reason? I've always thought they could look a lot better, and maybe be better protected against the oxidisation that causes the paint to flake.51671069330_0844d07350_z.jpg

5 hours ago, Gramps said:

Has anyone tried painting the insides of their wheels? Why do the insides seem to be ignored? I thought of using Hammerite or the like, or is there a purpose made paint, or is it even a no-no for whatever reason? I've always thought they could look a lot better, and maybe be better protected against the oxidisation that causes the paint to flake.51671069330_0844d07350_z.jpg

Regular Hammerite is only good for steel and rust, you need a non-ferrous metal anti corrosion paint or etch primer for aluminium and other non-ferrous alloys.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gramps said:

Only a full refurbishment will sort that out, even if you sanded it out it will be back in no time.

Your alloys are Spyder/Cayman R wheels and need doing by someone decent to get the black with the silver line around the edges and the silver barrel.

I would also recommend having them ceramic coated once they have been done to protect them and make cleaning much easier 👍

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 6:58 AM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Only a full refurbishment will sort that out, even if you sanded it out it will be back in no time.

Your alloys are Spyder/Cayman R wheels and need doing by someone decent to get the black with the silver line around the edges and the silver barrel.

I would also recommend having them ceramic coated once they have been done to protect them and make cleaning much easier 👍

yeh, might be one to get done some time in the winter months