Highest Mileage 981Box I've seen

718as

44 minutes ago, daz05 said:

The pictures are all taken from a distance, I find that quite amusing.

Probably so that you can get the whole car in shot. ;) 

This is my new steer (probably)...

The previous owner very kindly spilled the beans on everything I wanted to know and it's clear it's been cherished and properly maintained.

Tellingly, it had a new PDK gearbox under warranty around 2 years ago. It's literally done the motorway mileage due to the owner driving regularly from London to Nottingham over the five and a half years of ownership.

Will report back when it's in my hands!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, Cripes said:

This is my new steer (probably)...

The previous owner very kindly spilled the beans on everything I wanted to know and it's clear it's been cherished and properly maintained.

Tellingly, it had a new PDK gearbox under warranty around 2 years ago. It's literally done the motorway mileage due to the owner driving regularly from London to Nottingham over the five and a half years of ownership.

Will report back when it's in my hands!

I mean this constructively but I hope you got some money off the asking price.

Haven't haggled yet, but doubt there's any leeway in the current climate. I've already put in several offers on private sale cars and despite them being several thousand pounds more generous than Autotrader suggested prices they weren't accepted and sold elsewhere. I did try a WBAC valuation last week and it came out at £29,830, (Autotrader was around £20k privately) but I imagine it'll drop steadily every day until the glimmers of Spring again.

4 hours ago, Cripes said:

Haven't haggled yet, but doubt there's any leeway in the current climate. I've already put in several offers on private sale cars and despite them being several thousand pounds more generous than Autotrader suggested prices they weren't accepted and sold elsewhere. I did try a WBAC valuation last week and it came out at £29,830, (Autotrader was around £20k privately) but I imagine it'll drop steadily every day until the glimmers of Spring again.

Well you can but try, I noticed a black one with 70k for only a little more on AT.