Remap Done after Topgear Manifolds and cats fitted

Gramps

I've eventually got round to having my gen 2 Boxster S remapped having fitted Topgear sports manifolds and cats in the summer (a £30 black Friday deal forced my arm). Well pleased with the results. It drives beautifully and sounds fantastic, this is how all flat 6s should sound. I just have to turn the stereo off and listen to the PSE symphony. From 306hp (310PS) and 360Nm stock it's now at 344hp (349PS) and 398Nm. Only other mod I'm aware of is a BMC air filter. Not a bad gain for a naturally aspirated engine that many say you can't do a lot with.
Big thanks to Leon at RoadRagePerformance for getting the max out of it. Just got to wait till next spring now before I can enjoy it to the max.

51729520340_0382c000a9_z.jpg51726069007_1b13a1e1a8_z.jpg

51729520405_6a56357605_z.jpg

51729520340_0382c000a9_z.jpg

51729520365_58df167b09_z.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I haven’t got a clue at reading dyno results, what does that mean?

Horsepower = Torque (lb ft) x rpm/5252.

Suggests the the toque and power axes aren't symmetrical on the graph.

Edited by K.I.T.T.

5 hours ago, JonSta said:

He did a good job for you. And it is indeed a good looking car. Looking at your graph though the lines don't cross at 5252 rpms.

Must admit it means nothing to me. Saw K.I.T.T.'s explanation above and I'm still none the wiser. Could it be that my readings are in Nm and not lb ft?

I'll ask Leon and see if he has an answer 🙂 

1 hour ago, Gramps said:

Could it be that my readings are in Nm and not lb ft?

Would still intersect at the same point 5252 *if* the torque and power axes are 1:1 (in lb ft).

What I mean by that is if the hp axis reads 100 and torque axis reads 100lb ft (or 136 NM) at the same 'point' the lines would intersect at that point. The only reason I can think they're not as @JonSta mentions is due to scaling of the axes.

FYI, I don't think anybody is questioning the Dyno graphs - a pretty good gain considering bolt on parts and a remap on an NA engine. The same basic engine is used in the 991.1 which puts out around 350 hp / 390 NM (IE the same as your after dyno), and we know Porsche pegged back the mid engined cars on purpose 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Would still intersect at the same point 5252 *if* the torque and power axes are 1:1 (in lb ft).

What I mean by that is if the hp axis reads 100 and torque axis reads 100lb ft (or 136 NM) at the same 'point' the lines would intersect at that point. The only reason I can think they're not as @JonSta mentions is due to scaling of the axes.

FYI, I don't think anybody is questioning the Dyno graphs - a pretty good gain considering bolt on parts and a remap on an NA engine. The same basic engine is used in the 991.1 which puts out around 350 hp / 390 NM (IE the same as your after dyno), and we know Porsche pegged back the mid engined cars on purpose 🙂

Got it, thanks Ash.

8 hours ago, brillomaster said:

Thats a hugely impressive gain on a naturally aspirated engine! thinking of swapping my 986 S for a 987 S at some point, and the thought of 340+bhp is very appealing!

Not bad is it, puts it well above Spyder and later model figures. Leon has just recently moved premises and kitted himself out with the latest gear 🙂

5 hours ago, BoxstrAl said:

Nice!  How much of a difference is the drive before and after?

Bit early to say as not had a chance to try it out much. But one of the reason's I had the remap done was that the car wasn't pulling as smoothly after having fitted the manifolds/cats, but did seem smother after. But like I say not had much of a chance to try it out fully yet

Great result @Gramps

What's the BHP for a 981 GTS? 325bhp or thereabouts?

There are some good gains to be found in Porsche NA cars, it's just that they need more than a remap to achieve them.

A couple of 3.2 986S saw circa 290+bhp with bolt on mods and decent, bespoke mapping sessions - so it's there to be found if you go looking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, map said:

Great result @Gramps

What's the BHP for a 981 GTS? 325bhp or thereabouts?

There are some good gains to be found in Porsche NA cars, it's just that they need more than a remap to achieve them.

A couple of 3.2 986S saw circa 290+bhp with bolt on mods and decent, bespoke mapping sessions - so it's there to be found if you go looking.

Yes it just goes to show how much Porsche must actually hold things back. I actually went with the TopGear manifolds/cats as I wanted that PSE sound all the time (switching it on was always the 1st thing I did once started). A power gain for me was secondary, but a well pleasing side result. But strangely enough the car can be whisper quiet with PSE off (AKA wife in car 😉), but with PSE on it's all you'd ever wanted from an exhaust. Great to have the best of both worlds at the flick of a switch 🙂

• Thanks 1