Indy vs opc prices

Stuno1

I was shocked to see the price of the 8 year service from an Indy on the car I am buying. Porsche want £795 but the Porsche indy did it for £390. The labour rates can’t be that different? The Indy is £65 per hour which seems cheap.

Samw items done as on Porsche intervals too. 

Stu

4 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I was shocked to see the price of the 8 year service from an Indy on the car I am buying. Porsche want £795 but the Porsche indy did it for £390. The labour rates can’t be that different? The Indy is £65 per hour which seems cheap.

Samw items done as on Porsche intervals too. 

Stu

£65 is cheap. 

Standard rates ballpark £150+VAT re OPC last time I heard and some are more expensive than others. London area will be more expensive.

Classic Labour rates (car being 10 years old and over) are cheaper.

Edited by iborguk

If £390 is including plugs, that's cheap, worryingly cheap I'd say. Unless they are using non genuine parts and oil? Did you have a breakdown of what the price includes? The plugs are about £20 each from Porsche. The breakdown of parts for my recent 8 year service was £381.16 (inc VAT) for the parts alone. Then labour on top

My Porsche quote for the 8 years in June this year was:

"The 8 year service is £925.00 and this includes the spark plug change and brake fluid change."

Some prices on here from a popular reputable indy to compare against quotes https://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/servicing/boxster-981#additional-maintenance

13 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Here the breakdown. Maybe VAT is to be added. I’ll get full documentation on the 18th when I collect the car.

https://postimg.cc/ThsJj5N9

When was the brake fluid last actually changed ? Be prepared for them to have to fight more than one bleed nipple if that needs doing.

Serpentine/poly belt -  don't see checking/replacing that mentioned ?

Air Filter ? 

Edited by iborguk

No pollen filters? Plugs are generic ones. They will be fine but may fail the 111 point check later on if you're going for the warranty. Poly belt check replacement is at 6 years I think. Air filters are not done by default on 8 years but a decent indy will check and report if they think they need replacing. Mine ordered them in in case but found them to be ok.

As for the nipples, I can confirm it's a good idea to get them all removed and replaced if you're having the brake fluid done at the same time. much cheaper in the long run. Or save till later when brake fluid is due (recommended every 2 years)

So all the correct work has been done by the looks of it just very cheap labour and cheaper spark plugs.

Brake fluid is every 2 years. According Porsche schedule. Is does say it was checked for consign. The car only did 3k miles between services. 

Edited by Stuno1

12 minutes ago, alank said:

Says they can strip and rebuild Automatic gearboxes in their Menu. ???  Would be good if they could.

As I understand it, I don't think anybody rebuilds PDKs. Porsche won't supply parts, unless something has changed.