window 1 touch only works 1 direction

funbobby

3 minutes ago, funbobby said:

Also to add to this according to the manual i should be able to open and close the windows from the fob 

I could be talking out of my exhaust but I think "Windows comfort mode" has to be coded with a Porsche PIWIS for remote window control to work.

1 hour ago, funbobby said:

So on the drivers side 1 touch is not working going down but up is fine, passenger side is fine. I have tried the reset of holding it for a couple of seconds but no joy. anything else i can try or is the switch buggered?

For one touch to work properly the upper and lower limits of the window have to be "coded". Note the settings can be lost after a faulty battery or battery swap-out.

From a Planet9 forum post..

Get in, close the door, turn the ignition on (car doesn't have to be running, but it won't hurt either).

Then hold the button down until the window goes all the way down.

Release and press it down one more time. Then, hold the button up until the window is all the way up, and then press it up one more time. 

The window controller stores settings for both all-the-way-up and all-the-way-down.

You need to program both settings for the window to work correctly.

Edited by iborguk

As above.

Comfort opening and closing (work from the fob) may have been coded out.  

early days of the 987 there was a situation where the buttons were prone to pocket fumbles.  A “long”’press on the pocket would open the windows and unlock the car, the car would re lock if no door opened within 30 secs or whatever it defaults to.  

result was people would come back to locked car with open windows.  

dealers tweaked the settings.  Changed the long press time on the keys and in some cases turned off comfort opening ( perhaps leaving comfort closing enabled )

that said.  Top abs bottom must have been programmed as per above for it to work but might need a piwis or a higher end diags rig to re-enable

if anyone wants it coded one way or the other and is in striking range of North Kent then happy to help.  

Edited by Paul P

13 hours ago, Paul P said:

early days of the 987 there was a situation where the buttons were prone to pocket fumbles.

Those who still experience this (when I bend over, my bonnet pops and horn toots - oo-er...) should consider buying a 987.2 key head from somewhere (OPC 40 quid?) and swapping the internals.

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Those who still experience this (when I bend over, my bonnet pops and horn toots - oo-er...) should consider buying a 987.2 key head from somewhere (OPC 40 quid?) and swapping the internals.

Beats receiving a buttock induced phone call.

I used to be in the exclusive remote bonnet pop club with the 987.1