Midnight Blue Paint Code

Codfanglers

1 hour ago, Codfanglers said:

I'm trying to find the correct paint code for my late 2007 Boxster to paint a set of reversing sensors. Can't find it on the car and no original handbook. I've found four possibilities, could anyone please confirm which code it will be?

Search for Midnight Blue Metallic in the link below, page 24, shows a touch up paint stick with a part code ending 37W, which should match the paint code.

https://www.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/download.pdf?pool=multimedia&type=download&id=porscheservice-originalparts-dropdown-kat027-987&lang=en-us&filetype=default

Edited by iborguk

Try Nachtblau 37W on this page:

Colours for Porsche Boxster paint year 2007 | PaintColourChart.com

Alternatively ask @T911UK (one of this site's supporters) for a full model build spec for a small fee to BoXa.net at this link and you will get all the factory build data for your car.

I think E9 is a trim colour but I have been wrong before....

• Like 1

OK, I have been sort of shown to be wrong again.  That is not the colour code for Midnight Blue per se.  If you went to a body shop and asked for Porsche E9 they wouldn't find it but they would if you asked for 37W.  Not even sure the E9 would mean much on its own to Porsche, unless they made the connection to a paint pen set, as it is in the model variants column not a part number suffix as in 911 095 933 20 37W.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

OK, I have been sort of shown to be wrong again.  That is not the colour code for Midnight Blue per se.  If you went to a body shop and asked for Porsche E9 they wouldn't find it but they would if you asked for 37W.  Not even sure the E9 would mean much on its own to Porsche, unless they made the connection to a paint pen set, as it is in the model variants column not a part number suffix as in 911 095 933 20 37W.

Another site here lists 5 possible codes 37W, 39C, E9, F8, L39C

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/porsche/2007/boxster/

Agree though 37W seems to be the most commonly referred to and on a re-read as you said is in the part number re the touch-in stick.

Edited by iborguk

The 2 digit codes are short codes, this does show up on a VIN search, E9 is indeed 37W Midnight Blue Metalic

The other codes are for different paint types, ie; water based, non water based etc etc

The touch up is only available in the one finish from Porsche, correct part number is 911 095 933 23 37W

• Like 1

I seem to have found two basic "Night Blues" that appear to be different.

Is there a metallic and a pearl?

One seller lists options:

LM5F/M5F Midnight Blue Metallic

LM5F/M5F Night Blue Metallic

37W/39C Nacht Blau

Another seller that omits the years 2005-2013:

• Color Name: Night Blue
  • Color Code: M5F
  • Paint Type: Metallic
  • Base Color: Blue
  • For Years: 2014 - 2021

• Color Name: Midnight Blue
  • Color Code: 37W
  • Paint Type: Pearl
  • Base Color: Blue
  • For Years: 1989 - 2004

Another site entering model and year:

2007 Porsche Boxster

37W, 39C, E9, F8, L39C Midnight Blue Metallic

General consensus is 37W/L39C which seems to be different numbers for the same colour so I'll go with that.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Edited by Codfanglers
  • Like 1

The code for your car should be on an a label fixed to your car. 

Cautionary tale, there are two Arctic Silvers, 92T and 92U,  They don't look different parked next to each other on different cars, but put an 92T bumper on a 92U car and you will see a difference so be 100% sure.

7 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

The code for your car should be on an a label fixed to your car. 

Cautionary tale, there are two Arctic Silvers, 92T and 92U,  They don't look different parked next to each other on different cars, but put an 92T bumper on a 92U car and you will see a difference so be 100% sure.

I think that's the issue, OP went looking and couldn't find it. The 986 and some earlier 987's it used to be a label on the frunk underside. 

I've heard tell on later 987's of it being on a label hidden behind the frunk carpet but I haven't gone exploring. 

Petrol flap was another location (mostly reported by US folks) but it's not on mine...

Again a phone call to any OPC should help the OP demystify...

Edited by iborguk

4 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

I didn't see any label behind the carpets when I changed the headlights but believe (from t'internet) the labels were one stuck in the handbook and one left for the dealers to affix? Even BL used to stamp the colour on the VIN plate.

Have a look at my last post.......that's a photo of the door slam area on the driver's side, that's where my colour code is shown......is yours?

Edited by iborguk

10 hours ago, iborguk said:

Have a look at my last post.......that's a photo of the door slam area on the driver's side, that's where my colour code is shown......is yours?

You are quite right, the colour and code is on there 🙈(was using work laptop yesterday that blocks photos). 

Looked this morning and it is 39C

Thank you.

One more. Does anyone know if the location of reversing sensors is moulded into the back of the rear bumper?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

You are quite right, the colour and code is on there 🙈(was using work laptop yesterday that blocks photos). 

Looked this morning and it is 39C

Thank you.

One more. Does anyone know if the location of reversing sensors is moulded into the back of the rear bumper?

Yes your reverse sensor locations are marked with a moulded cross on the inside of bumper plastics & just to confirm my Midnight Blue Boxster paint code is L39C 👍

• Thanks 1