design911 aftermarket car mats

funbobby

1 minute ago, funbobby said:

How does one get discount? 

PCGB membership gets you 10% of parts at any OPC, TIPEC membership similar at "some" - but often simply asking for club discount will get you 10% on parts.

2 hours ago, funbobby said:

Ok thanks 

Another option, just ask for discount. 10% is usually forthcoming even if you are not a member of a Porsche related organisation...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Another option, just ask for discount. 10% is usually forthcoming even if you are not a member of a Porsche related organisation...

If you've manged to register your car on the Porsche Classic register, will this qualify for discount on mats? I'm sure I read that the classic register also includes discount for parts? I might look into this myself. My drivers mat is looking very tired now!

1 hour ago, Bferry70 said:

If you've manged to register your car on the Porsche Classic register, will this qualify for discount on mats? I'm sure I read that the classic register also includes discount for parts? I might look into this myself. My drivers mat is looking very tired now!

I am pretty sure you only get discount on parts if you get the OPC to carry out the work required if you are on the Porsche register but as others have said just ask for the discount the parts guys are usually quite accommodating 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, funbobby said:

anyone bought these? https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod126449/Floor-Mats-Porsche-Boxster-987-RHD-Cars/  wondering what the quality is like?

Thought I remember reading on here that aftermarket mats don't last as long as the originals - but perhaps that's too general a statement.

Not sure that the 987 is eligible for Classic Porsche yet.  Also, yes 15% on parts on Porsche Classic, but they have to be fitted by the OPC.

Also if you only want a driver's mat, try the various breakers, they could have some fairly fresh ones from damaged cars???

I bought a pair of 986 mats from design911 and they were dreadful, poor quality items.

I ended up cutting my losses, binning them and buying a genuine set from Exeter OPC which are so much better quality.

From memory I dont think the design 911 ones were even that much cheaper than the genuine pair.

1 hour ago, Redboxme said:

I bought a pair of 986 mats from design911 and they were dreadful, poor quality items.

I ended up cutting my losses, binning them and buying a genuine set from Exeter OPC which are so much better quality.

From memory I dont think the design 911 ones were even that much cheaper than the genuine pair.

Ok worth knowing