Bore score or lifters

fewtrees

Hi,

I thought I'd show a video of startup of my 3.4s 987.2 - just looking to solicit advice about bore score or lifters..

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/030AoZnb9jmkcEkf4MIoxGE5w#converted_startup

There's no blue smoke on startup but there is a increasing loud ticking noise on the right hand side. In the last 40 seconds of the vid I give the engine a rev and the ticking subsides quite a lot but please have a look and listen to let me know your thoughts?

Edited by fewtrees

I cant get the sound to work on your file. But if its similar to mine, its a tink tink noise, like tapping a coin on a radiator. Mine does it after being left for a while. A good run normally sorts it. Probably a sticky lifter

46 minutes ago, CMA said:

I cant get the sound to work on your file. But if its similar to mine, its a tink tink noise, like tapping a coin on a radiator. Mine does it after being left for a while. A good run normally sorts it. Probably a sticky lifter

yes, it's a "tink tink" noise. FYI the car was stood for a couple of days..

Thanks @NutsyH
@CMA

Gonna try and fix the sound.. hmm. odd..

Edited by fewtrees

Sound works now @fewtrees.

I know we’ve seen / heard cars in the past on here where a loose plug makes a very similar sound to that.  (Several videos on YT).
(Much more prominent one side of the car to the other).

I only mention it as a possibility / and something that is easy to check.

Lifter sounds likely if it’s not constant and happened after a period of rest, fingers crossed for nothing sinister - sounded lovely when revved.