Headlight washers not working

alank

Ignore if dumb questions/observations - and at best - internet guesses....

How are you testing - in "normal" use you need the lights on, and the washers "fire" every 3 or five windscreen washes.

There's also a button on the bottom of the washer stalk to work them - again - I think the lights have be on.

If the washers are trying, then perhaps the pipe has dropped off, and there will be washer fluid dripping on the front.

Or..... has the car had a very flat battery or had its battery disconnected for a long period ? -  in which case it's possible it has forgotten that it has washers - which would require a "handover reset" to be done via a PIWIS diagnostics unit. - Hope it's not that.

Here's a link to the owner's manual, with instructions for the headlight washers on page 126:

http://cyberdesignconcepts.com/guenter/pdf/porsche_boxster_owners_manual_2006.pdf

Might be worth checking to make sure you're operating them correctly.  They fire automatically every 10 windscreen washes, not 3 or 5, as @Paul P has said.

If it makes you feel any better, I had my car for 9 months before realising there was an emergency key to open the doors if the battery was flat..... I haven't needed to use it, but nice to know it's there anyway :lol:

6 minutes ago, Davey P said:

If it makes you feel any better, I had my car for 9 months before realising there was an emergency key to open the doors if the battery was flat..... I haven't needed to use it, but nice to know it's there anyway :lol:

I would make a joke about the roof button but that would be inappropriate so I wont.

@alank  I think it took me six months to suss the washer button when I fumbled the stalk, it's not just you.

27 minutes ago, alank said:

I am a N*B,   just spotted the little button on the stalk, last time i pressed it was before last MOT, and that is a long time ago for my memory bank, thanks anyway.

13 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Set my lights to "daytime driving lights", ie always on.

Didn't have an MoT for a couple of years as the car was new.

Drove into the testing station, the guy measures dipped, then shouts "full beam". I flicked the stalk forward, nothing happened. Again.  A bit panicking now, what's wrong with my car?

Pulled the stalk back and the blue light appeared. Phew. MoT passed.

It was only later I realised that stalk forward only works when the headlight switch is turned to "on".

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Here's a link to the owner's manual, with instructions for the headlight washers on page 126:

http://cyberdesignconcepts.com/guenter/pdf/porsche_boxster_owners_manual_2006.pdf

Might be worth checking to make sure you're operating them correctly.  They fire automatically every 10 windscreen washes, not 3 or 5, as @Paul P has said.

Didn’t have the manual to hand so was going from memory.  Point was it wasn’t every time.  

We collectively we got there in the end. 

Edited by Paul P