PPF installed today.

drago.d

Collected the Spyder today having had Premium Shield self-healing film fitted to the front end, headlights, wing mirrors, and lower bumper behind the rear wheels. Work was done at MarqueOne Detailing, Milton Keynes by Mark and Serge (who recommended this product over SunTek); both are passionate about what they do and very helpful guys. My previous 981S had Expel Ultimate so it will be interesting to see how Premium Shield compares after a few months. 

Edited by drago.d
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, McDonald said:

Stunning car, lovely colour.

This!

My 987.1 came with I assume OEM patches just behind the side vents. Over the years somehow dirt got under them, so I'd have a nice clean car with two dirty patches! When I had the calipers painted and the wheels done, I asked the guys to change them, and instead of the OEM patches they fitted PPF over a wider area. Looks shiny now :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

She’s back in again now for windscreen protection film. For an additional £300 it seems like it’s worth a go to see if I can avoid any of those annoying little chips I tend to collect. I’ve not had it before so it’ll be interesting to see how it looks and performs.

So, the film is off again. The guys and I weren’t at all happy with the clarity. It looked fine in the install bay (and the install was super neat) but out on the road there were very distracting horizontal “ripples” interfering with my vision - like looking through water, or something like that anyway. They guys were aware of the safety implications and said it was best to remove it for now, and wait until the new delivery of the film arrives later this month, in case it’s a problem with this batch of film. So I’ll give it another try once it’s in.

56 minutes ago, drago.d said:

So, the film is off again. The guys and I weren’t at all happy with the clarity. It looked fine in the install bay (and the install was super neat) but out on the road there were very distracting horizontal “ripples” interfering with my vision

To be "clear" (boom boom)... you're talking about the windscreen protection film, not the PPF over your paintwork?

On 4/5/2022 at 11:30 PM, drago.d said:

She’s back in again now for windscreen protection film. For an additional £300 it seems like it’s worth a go to see if I can avoid any of those annoying little chips I tend to collect. I’ve not had it before so it’ll be interesting to see how it looks and performs.

When that was first mentioned, I thought it was a terrible idea, and couldn't imagine it would work.  It seems I might be right (I know that rarely happens around here, before anyone says it... :lol:)

Sometimes, in certain lighting conditions the heating elements in my heated front windscreen can cause a similar "ripple" effect.

Annoying when it happens, so I can imagine a protective film causing it all the time would be a nightmare!

Xpel Ultimate PPF fitted to mine, very pleased with it.

Not a single mark on the car a year later.

Had this on all my cars and never had an issue.

In fact once, a few years ago, a huge sharp stone flicked up off a lorry and hit the centre of the bonnet, going through the film, denting and scratching the bonnet.

This went way beyond the design brief and the promise of the product to protect against stone chips. This must have been a small boulder!

Anyway, I made a claim to Xpel against their guarantee, they inspected the damage and paid for the damaged film to be removed, the dent to be repaired, the entire bonnet repainted and new film fitted.

All under their guarantee!

Great product and company to deal with. 

2021-08-15_09-59-282021-08-15_09-58-53

Edited by RBD914 v2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RBD914 v2 said:

they inspected the damage and paid for the damaged film to be removed, the dent to be repaired, the entire bonnet repainted and new film fitted.

All under their guarantee!

Damn that is a good guarantee.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

To be "clear" (boom boom)... you're talking about the windscreen protection film, not the PPF over your paintwork?

Yes, I’m talking about the windscreen film being removed.