Where to buy driveshafts

Lennym1984

The o/s driveshaft on my Cayman has decided to spring a leak. I initially thought that it was the boot but it actually appears to be a pressed metal piece which has rusted.

So.....

Where does one buy a replacement driveshaft from? I've looked online and Porsche appear to want over £1k and many of the used ones on eBay look no better than mine did. Is there an aftermarket supplier or a supplier of reconditioned parts?

Any help gratefully received.

I looked at new driveshafts for my 986 following the power bump - advice was to buy used and have them rebuilt.  The metal parts have all been (a sort of) work hardened/de-stressed and rebuilt they make for better/stronger shafts.

It would be worth considering this approach.

Haven't done it myself as there maybe some transmission silliness in the pipeline.

1 minute ago, map said:

I looked at new driveshafts for my 986 following the power bump - advice was to buy used and have them rebuilt.  The metal parts have all been (a sort of) work hardened/de-stressed and rebuilt they make for better/stronger shafts.

It would be worth considering this approach.

Haven't done it myself as there maybe some transmission silliness in the pipeline.

Did you get any recommendations as to where to have them rebuilt?