Wheels Refurbed

Gramps

Got my wheels back from being refurbed. Wanted something that was going to bring the wheels out a bit more. They're now a dark chrome and as you can see they look a lot different depending on what light  is on them. Last pic was the original black. Having polished them then given them 3 coats of POORBOYS Wheel Sealant I've just got to get them on the car. Have to wait till tomorrow now but should look nice in the sun. 
51991886187_c170b2ec7d_z.jpg

51993432475_558e5e4c15_z.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mavis.d said:

what colour car do yuou have? I have the same wheels that need some attention and was thinking of somthing like this

Carrara white, got them back on the car today. The colour is VW Blue Chrome, which is spray applied before a powder clear finish

51995298604_ab8fdf6ff1_z.jpg

This pic is the wheel on the "non sun" side

51995569170_ee61a24640_z.jpg

51994020862_0c1ba049b3_z.jpg

5 hours ago, Davey P said:

Awesome colour mate, excellent stuff :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not a fan of black wheels, they always look a bit "lost" to me, but that dark chrome finish is much better.

👍My thoughts exactly

5 hours ago, Sanky said:

Look great, but would use something like C5 wheel amour to protect them.  Your wasting your time with poorboys wheel sealant.

Don't say that, took me yonks applying 3 coats of Poorboys. Finger and thumb are cracked up now with those chemicals on them for that length of time 😂. Will see how it goes with the Poorboys. Not used a wheel sealant before

Edited by Gramps
grammar

9 hours ago, Boyo said:

I am afraid I don't rate Poorboys either. I have used Gyeon of late and it's excellent.

So what's the problem with Poorboys? I read through loads of reviews for several brands and it came out quite well? 🙂

On 4/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, Sanky said:

Look great, but would use something like C5 wheel amour to protect them.  Your wasting your time with poorboys wheel sealant.

So what's the problem with Poorboys? I read through loads of reviews for several brands and it came out quite well? 🙂 

Like you I used it off the back of positive reviews. I persevered with it on a couple of different sets of alloys however I found that I needed to keep reapplying it to each set of wheels and even then brake dust and muck just sat on the wheels once I had used a pressure washer to give them a rinse. By contrast Gyeon is in another league.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, Boyo said:

Like you I used it off the back of positive reviews. I persevered with it on a couple of different sets of alloys however I found that I needed to keep reapplying it to each set of wheels and even then brake dust and muck just sat on the wheels once I had used a pressure washer to give them a rinse. By contrast Gyeon is in another league.

👍 Not had to clean them in anger yet. Will see what happens then 🙂

On 4/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, Gramps said:

Don't say that, took me yonks applying 3 coats of Poorboys. Finger and thumb are cracked up now with those chemicals on them for that length of time 😂. Will see how it goes with the Poorboys. Not used a wheel sealant before

Get some nitrile disposable gloves man.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, Gramps said:

Have to wait till tomorrow now but should look nice in the sun. 

51993432475_558e5e4c15_z.jpg

Ohhh I do like a silverised wheel.

As alluded to above I might have a similar pic, mine were dusted with silver before they were lacquered to give them some sparkle.

I coated mine with Meguiars and still looked like new (back and front) over 10 years later but our car wasn't a daily.

Edited by EXY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EXY said:

Get some nitrile disposable gloves man.

Ohhh I do like a silverised wheel.

As alluded to above I might have a similar pic, mine were dusted with silver before they were lacquered to give them some sparkle.

I coated mine with Meguiars and still looked like new (back and front) over 10 years later but our car wasn't a daily.

Fingers crossed mine last as long 🙂

• Like 1