Half a Sports Exhaust

Gutley

The passenger side actuator has seized on my PSE. According to OPC the only way to fix it is an entire new exhaust as it built in. If so then I’ll just have to live with it, but does anyone have any suggestions to try and resurrect it?

26 minutes ago, Gutley said:

The passenger side actuator has seized on my PSE. According to OPC the only way to fix it is an entire new exhaust as it built in. If so then I’ll just have to live with it, but does anyone have any suggestions to try and resurrect it?

I guess try penetrating oil and/or heat on it plus a lot of movement and patience to try to free it up.

The "vacuum unit" as they call it in OPC speak is part 99711190192 and is available as a discrete part. OPC will probably be cheapest, link below shows the part.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod151847/Exhaust-vacuum-replacement-unit-Porsche-997-GT3---991-GT3---9872-Boxster/

Edited by iborguk

Not sure what your view would be on this, but if only the left side is faulty, how about a salvage one from a car that has taken a hit in the right rear?  Might be worth contacting the usual breakers and see if they can help?