Driving in Europe

Ringmaster999

49 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Have a great trip.
I have not taken a car abroad since Brexit and do wonder if insurance has changed. Around the time we left Europe, I can remember a policy I had suggesting a change for mainland Europe, breaking it down into zones. Might be worth checking in advance. 

Gave my insurance a ring all ok. No need for a Green card as it mentions cover for Europe in the schedule which of course I’ll have a copy of. 
Breakdown cover sorted and once the country’s were mentioned they said I’d need cover for Zone 1. So obviously they have zones based on the countries your  visiting 👍

On 8/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

Ok so I’m doing a five day road trip in Europe early September. What headlight adjustment is needed in the 981. Do you just put stick on deflectors straight onto the headlights. I’ve just got standard lights. 
Cheers

We are heading to the Italian lakes via the Stelvio Pass in the GTS next weekend and I have been researching the same question. The almost unanimous view was that the low beam makes adjustment unnecessary but to have a set of stickers in the glove box just in case you are challenged. Which seems to be the conclusion you have come to. I’ll give you a wave if our paths cross!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Gave my insurance a ring all ok. No need for a Green card as it mentions cover for Europe in the schedule which of course I’ll have a copy of. 
Breakdown cover sorted and once the country’s were mentioned they said I’d need cover for Zone 1. So obviously they have zones based on the countries your  visiting 👍

Glad you are sorted and enjoy your travels

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

+1 on this, 2 trips in the last few weeks, as long as you have European cover on your insurance, as the end user you'll see no pre/post Brexit difference.  Breakdown cover has been regional for some time.  Just take all your documents incl. V5, fit your UK plate and off you go.  Once across the Channel the authorities pay no more attention than in the last 20 years as long as you are behaving yourself.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

+1 on this, 2 trips in the last few weeks, as long as you have European cover on your insurance, as the end user you'll see no pre/post Brexit difference.  Breakdown cover has been regional for some time.  Just take all your documents incl. V5, fit your UK plate and off you go.  Once across the Channel the authorities pay no more attention than in the last 20 years as long as you are behaving yourself.

^^ this ^^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...