Codes 8004, 8007, C141, C152

zcacogp

Guys, 

After shredding my hands changing the injector rails earlier this week I've done a few miles in the car and it's a HUGE improvement. No smell of fuel and better fuel economy, and I think it may have cured a starting problem as well. Work well done, and thanks for your kind comments in the other thread. 

However I've just attached a code reader to the car to see what it thinks is wrong with it and the following are reported: 

Porsche Access System: Code 8004 (Current terminal 50)

Gateway: Code 8007 (Gateway Incorrect Coding)

POSIP: Code C141 (Client communication PCM) and Code 152 (Client Communication PSM Control Unit)

I'm not fussed by C141 and C152 as they were there before and I think that are related to fitting an aftermarket head unit.

However the 8004 and 8007 ones are new since doing the work on the injection rail. Google tells me very little other than not to worry about them. Does anyone have any more detailed light to shed on them? FWIW the car works as it should and drives perfectly. 

Thanks for any input anyone can offer. 

1 minute ago, zcacogp said:

Erm, as opposed to what? Inactive codes? Passive codes? 

(Sorry to sound fick. I only sound that way because I am not very clever). 

As opposed to historically logged codes (non-active issues). I'm not familiar with how iCarsoft displays it's output.

Ah, thanks. 

They are codes that I saw there after a 60 mile drive, cleared out and were back again after another 60 mile drive. I suspect therefore that they are being generated by the car. Does that answer the question? 

Just now, zcacogp said:

Ah, thanks. 

They are codes that I saw there after a 60 mile drive, cleared out and were back again after another 60 mile drive. I suspect therefore that they are being generated by the car. Does that answer the question? 

Yes, so active then. See the post above re the 8004 code.

19 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Porsche Access System: Code 8004 (Current terminal 50)

Is the car beeping when attempting to lock it ? If it is then sounds like something isn't shut/locked.

iborguk, 

Thanks. I'd guess active as well. 

No beeps when the car is locked. Let me try locking it with a door open to make sure that the beeper works. 

Re the C141 I'm guessing the car used to have a PCM in it...

C141

Diagnosis information ­ CAN 

PCM 2.1, communication

NOTE
Internal function test completed!

Diagnostic conditions

The PCM 2.1 initially tests internal function sequences after wake­up. diagnosable outputs are then tested and any faults are stored.
PCM 2.1 control module wake­up through:

event­induced CAN message

wake­up signal via wake­up line

Possible fault causes

If they are OK, all

No power supply for PCM 2.1
PCM 2.1 incorrectly coded
Short circuit or open circuit in the CAN display
PCM 2.1 faulty (in most cases the cause is not the PCM 2.1 but incorrect coding!)

Fault effects

Communication via the CAN display is no longer possible.

No other control modules are able to communicate with the PCM 2.1.

Affected contacts on the PCM 2.1 connector

Connector A:
4 power supply ­ terminal 30

8 ground supply ­ terminal 31

Connector

1 CAN display high

2 CAN display low

20 wake­up

Edited by iborguk

C152

Diagnosis information ­ CAN PSM

control module, communication

NOTE

Diagnostic conditions

The PSM control module initially tests internal function sequences after wake­up. If they are OK, all diagnosable outputs are then tested and any faults are stored.
PSM control module wake­up through:

event­-induced CAN message

"Ignition on"

Possible fault causes

No power supply for PSM control module
PSM control module incorrectly coded
Short circuit or open circuit in the CAN drive
PSM control module faulty (in most cases the cause is not the PSM control module but incorrect coding!)

Fault effects

Communication via the CAN drive is no longer possible.
No other control modules are able to communicate with the PSM control module.

Affected contacts on the PSM control module connector

Connector A:

4 ground supply ­ terminal 31 

14 CAN drive low

28 power supply ­ terminal 15 

35 CAN drive high

Edited by iborguk

Thanks. Googling PCM shows pictures of various different head units from 987's and I have changed the head unit. The new one is aftermarket (Pioneer). That's a really helpful chunk of text - thank you, it explains the C141 code perfectly. (Where did you get the text from?) 

Checked the car and it beeps when you try to lock it with the frunk open, so the beeper works. 

3 minutes ago, iborguk said:

C152

Diagnosis information ­ CAN PSM

control module, communication

NOTE

Diagnostic conditions

The PSM control module initially tests internal function sequences after wake­up. If they are OK, all diagnosable outputs are then tested and any faults are stored.
PSM control module wake­up through:

event­-induced CAN message

"Ignition on"

Possible fault causes

No power supply for PSM control module
PSM control module incorrectly coded
Short circuit or open circuit in the CAN drive
PSM control module faulty (in most cases the cause is not the PSM control module but incorrect coding!)

Fault effects

Communication via the CAN drive is no longer possible.
No other control modules are able to communicate with the PSM control module.

Affected contacts on the PSM control module connector

Connector A:

4 ground supply ­ terminal 31 

14 CAN drive low

28 power supply ­ terminal 15 

35 CAN drive high

Now that's more interesting. PSM = stability system, non? 

Does this mean that my PSM isn't working? 

10 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Thanks. Googling PCM shows pictures of various different head units from 987's and I have changed the head unit. The new one is aftermarket (Pioneer). That's a really helpful chunk of text - thank you, it explains the C141 code perfectly. (Where did you get the text from?) 

Checked the car and it beeps when you try to lock it with the frunk open, so the beeper works. 

I'm wondering again if this one is caused by a battery issue, Porsche Access System: Code 8004 (Current terminal 50)

I disconnected the battery when I changed the fuel rails and re-connected it afterwards. I know that it wasn't 'cleanly' re-connected, by which I mean that it sparked a little bit. However I have subsequently disconnected the battery overnight and re-connected it to see if that helped. 

The battery itself is less than 6 months old and the car is stored on a CTek charger. 

Just now, zcacogp said:

I disconnected the battery when I changed the fuel rails and re-connected it afterwards. I know that it wasn't 'cleanly' re-connected, by which I mean that it sparked a little bit. However I have subsequently disconnected the battery overnight and re-connected it to see if that helped. 

The battery itself is less than 6 months old and the car is stored on a CTek charger. 

Maybe it was that and it needs time to clear the codes from active status over the next few ignition cycles.

5 minutes ago, iborguk said:

I wonder if Gateway: Code 8007 (Gateway Incorrect Coding) is related to the PCM having been removed and not coded out.

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

I'm wondering again if this one is caused by a battery issue, Porsche Access System: Code 8004 (Current terminal 50)

8004 and 8007 could be related. I guess that I am probably less bothered by them as they are (probably) of little consequence, although I'd be happier if they weren't there. 

The C152 one is bothering me quite a lot more as it's PSM, and I don't want to find out that that doesn't work when I desperately need it to .... 

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

Maybe it was that and it needs time to clear the codes from active status over the next few ignition cycles.

Ah, I didn't know that codes sometimes disappear over time. That's helpful - thanks. 

3 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Ah, I didn't know that codes sometimes disappear over time. That's helpful - thanks. 

I could be talking "Rolex" re those codes but have seen that occur with other codes under PIWIS.

I'd keep an eye on them and get them looked at under a PIWIS if they persist.

Thanks again. That's very helpful. 

PIWIS is the scan tool to rule all scan tools and I understand that some people on here have one. Is there a list of such people or do I need to talk to my local indie (whom I hardly ever use)? 

5 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Thanks again. That's very helpful. 

PIWIS is the scan tool to rule all scan tools and I understand that some people on here have one. Is there a list of such people or do I need to talk to my local indie (whom I hardly ever use)? 

I think the members map shows some folks with access.