Heated windscreen washer jets.

bandit_287

Had this issue too, once I had parked up in the sun for a couple of hours and let the ambient engine heat clear the issue it was fine. Not sure its the amount of screen wash you use, its the mix and its freezing temp.

I've put Halfords winter screen wash in the swmbo’ BMW, its rated to -10 and hd no issues with that.

I use concentrated wash and mix my own, 1:4 in winter and 1:20 in summer.  I also add more concentrate to the tank once the first frosts are coming to strengthen the summer mix.  Heated jets certainly help as there is little volume of water in the metal jets so they are very prone to freezing quickly.

11 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Just add IPA to your summer screenwash and you're good to go. 15-20% is all you need for most parts of the UK. https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ispropanol-water-d_988.html

PS IPA = isopropyl alcohol, not India Pale Ale!

50/50 mix in N.IRELAND.

Slug for the car/driver.

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

Interesting thread as I have a driver's side jet that refuses to do anything other than dribble.

Is there a standard replacement item number someone can advise me of please or is it Porsche only?

58 minutes ago, Carmine said:

pretty sure it's shared across various VAG cars. I think it's covered in one of @daz05' videos?

They have a 991 part number (991 628 077 00 or 991 628 073 00 there is a split at code given as 98-DS120 312 but I can't interpret that) so probably Porsche specific, things like the washer pump and various other parts on the vehicle are listed with a VAG part number in the Porsche parts cat if tehy are a direct VAG part.  That said there may be a very close VAG equivalent, if you can find it!

• Like 1

You can fit definitely fit many VW or Audi Jets in there plug and play and they fan spray which is much better, I used T-roc jets but the Golf mk7 ones fit too and as I recall a few people on here tried some Audi ones with success. Make sure to replace with the heated variants.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Pop a Porsche one off and see if it has any VW markings on the hidden side.

That's my plan - I've replaced the pipework before as it failed on an elbow near the nearside bonnet strut so will report back.  

Edited by GTSMarky