986 MOT emissions fail

andrewwalling

986 failed its MOT on emmisions

I had picked up on my Durametic before the MOT that the banks 1 post cat lambda sensor need to be changed

I actually changed the Cat on bank 1 and the pre and post Lambda sensors

Due to circumstances I had not done many miles before the MOT 40-50 miles only

I have now checked again on the Durametic and I do not have any fault codes and on the live data it appears to be ok

I have recently Cleaned the MAF sensor just as part of routine mainteneance

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be before I go for Bank 2 cat and Lambda sensors replacement??

3 hours ago, Rev Ken said:

I always give my Boxster an 'Italian Tune-up' on my way to the MOT garage - so far it has never failed on emissions.🤞

I always do this too, but in recent years my car has struggled with the emissions. The tester informed me last time that there was a small hole in the exhaust manifold. This was welded before the test this year and my car sailed through.

3 hours ago, Rev Ken said:

Well it has come to MOT time in the next month. (The automatic reminder invaluable!) I hope an Italian tune up will work this time....🤞

Should be fine as long as there are no leaks...  Bellissimo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, andrewwalling said:

986 failed its MOT on emmisions

I had picked up on my Durametic before the MOT that the banks 1 post cat lambda sensor need to be changed

I actually changed the Cat on bank 1 and the pre and post Lambda sensors

Due to circumstances I had not done many miles before the MOT 40-50 miles only

I have now checked again on the Durametic and I do not have any fault codes and on the live data it appears to be ok

I have recently Cleaned the MAF sensor just as part of routine mainteneance

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be before I go for Bank 2 cat and Lambda sensors replacement??

im having a problem with o2 bad on bank2 , but can you tell me which bank is bank 2? conflicting information on google