PSE Repair - Can you convert a standard exhaust?

Jakeb

I reckon they were probably stuck previously. I freed one of mine off and it looked fine and then one of the arms cracked. They look like they are heated and pressed on to the rod (or something like that) as part of the build process and, all the ones I have seen, have cracked around the rod

AMWts8DHiC0lF-ExqduCOXd4tOQb-f6B9PyclJXy

Got bored polishing so they are back on the car - works perfectly and sounds amazing (first time I have heard it properly as the car came with a rather large hole in the exhaust.

How to you change the title of the topic as this probably should say "PSE Repair" or something like that

ABLVV84ZVEBSOi3MkWikHyQUE1DPL8DDz2jzphiU

How did you secure the actuater rod to the exhaust tab? My actuater rod is secured by a small sprung wire that threads into the hollow ball part and so prevents the ball on a stick from popping out of the socket on the actuater rod. One of my wire pieces is a little poorly so could do with sorting. Although its threaded through, it's lost a bit of its springiness, so I have wound a length of lockwire to retain it.

• Araf changed the title to PSE Repair - Can you convert a standard exhaust?
7 hours ago, Jakeb said:

How to you change the title of the topic as this probably should say "PSE Repair" or something like that

You don't even have to say my name 3 times. ;)  I hope the new title is okay?

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Cheers. B) 

I make sure that i operate the PSE on mine several times every time the car goes out. They were sticky when i bought it, but free as anything now.

The car is only used in a summer though so it isnt exposed to corrosive salt that daily drivers are.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:58 AM, andygo said:

How did you secure the actuater rod to the exhaust tab? My actuater rod is secured by a small sprung wire that threads into the hollow ball part and so prevents the ball on a stick from popping out of the socket on the actuater rod. One of my wire pieces is a little poorly so could do with sorting. Although its threaded through, it's lost a bit of its springiness, so I have wound a length of lockwire to retain it.

So the securing pin goes down through the ball joint and then clips around the outside of the rod - to remove it you effectively turn it 90 degrees anti-clockwise away from the rod  and then pull it out?

Edited by Jakeb

11 hours ago, Jakeb said:

So the securing pin goes down through the ball joint and then clips around the outside of the rod - to remove it you effectively turn it 90 degrees anti-clockwise away from the rod  and then pull it out?

My securing pin is slightly deformed, so doesnt sit quite right. I dont think you can buy them on their own.  Just wondered if you had used the originals or found another solution.

used the originals but one didn't want to go in particularly easily - cleaning the ball joint on the rod out with a brass brush on a dremel helped - also applied a bit of copper spray in there

• Thanks 1