AdBlue Warning

Happy Days

Mrs H got a message yesterday saying Check Engine - safe to drive. We are fast approaching 120k, so I took it to an Indie to book in in for a diagnosis. By the time I came out, the warning had changed to Warning Adblue - No Start in 650 miles. Safe to say the injector / pump is on the way out? Anyone got any experience of something similar? Apparently common in all VAG units.

Hi @Happy Days

i had this exact issue on my 2014 Macan DS. My mileage was not as impressive at about 30k but was replaced under warranty.

Quick update. Indy doesn't want to get involved. Injector pump has the dreaded crystals all along the pipe under the windscreen. Rang Belfast OPC - first date to investigate - 24 March, meaning the car is effectively off the road. Damn.

1 hour ago, Boxer boy said:

The injector , the thing stuck on the side of the turbo ( under the scuttle ) often leaks it’s O ring or something.Hence the tell tale white crystals .

just a maintenance part.

I think it's more than that. The pipe is probably split and hence the crystals. But OPC can't take a look for over a month! Car off road, basically.

I have read that the pumps can go too if the pipes get blocked and that is an expensive part.

• 4 weeks later...