986S Hunting at Idle

Rav

Heatshiele yes very often removed as the fixings corrode out. Pre facelift don't have rear lambdas. You might need some penetrating fluid and or heat. The lambdas don't often come out easily. 

Thank you - I appreciate your quick help. I was just standing there, scratching my head....

Whilst i have an expert - just to be sure - the fault code read Bank 1 - i am attacking the lambda on the drivers side of the car -is this correct?

BTW - when did spanners get so expensive? Halfords - £80!!!

Edited by Rav

Thanks EDC - you are a font of knowledge. Thanks for being available and helping a novice on a Sunday. A virtual beer for you Sir!!

• Like 1

You will probably need to spray them with wd40 and leave for 24hrs and then use your spanner with maybe an extension to give you more leverage.

and yes yours will only have 2 sensors. Should have let me know as I have accumulated most of my tools in exactly the same way, half way through a job. If you need anything let me know, I now have most things.

Good Luck

• Like 1

You all read my mind! A large box arrived via Amazon this week, much to my wife's horror as she thought this was bunting and union jack flags for the street party.

I bought the exact same )2 extraction set with slotted socket and thread chaser and a jubilee clip to go over the end of the socket. I will soak in WD-40 penetrating fluid one last time and attack this tomorrow. God bless the King for Bank Holidays!!!! 

• Like 1

It looks like others have had a go at removing this sensor, the thread is totally rounded off! I am now past the point of no return as i have cut the wires off the old sensor to get the tools over the connector. I am feeling really disappointed that I couldn't get this done.

Next step i  guess is heat. @the baron do you have any gas torches? The car is stuck in my garage, I would have loved to bring this over, but it wont drive.

A good friend who saw my need for help came round this evening. He sorted this with heat and mole grips. Made it look easy....Thank you Dom. I hope the Porsche was easier than the commercial and plant you are more used to. 

I replaced it with the new Bosch part and let the car sit for while with the key in ignition position 2. Some Youtube vids say that this is essential. When i started the car, she sounded a bit more throaty and the idle was much more stable.

Nothing like last minute, i will use the car to take my daughter to Uni in London tomorrow and report back. Thanks to everyone for your help with this.

• Like 4